Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Testing the installation - Cart Empty

I just finished the installation and I want to "play" with the sample products that came with the installation. When I select a product and click on the "Add this to my cart" I then see the message "Your Shopping Cart is empty." What have I missed and I can't put an item in the shopping cart?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Testing the installation - Cart Empty

And this is a bone-stock Zencart installation, no mods, no custom template, no SSL ? And installed how?

Plugin Contributions

We added a template, Blue Highlites 2.0. The template was installed by extracting the data and copying to the web server. I can go through the template selection process and select one of several that we installed but the problem is the same.

After I press the button there is a popup that says "Security Warning. Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to continue sending this information?"

Is this the problem?

Plugin Contributions

Could be. Is the whole site under SSL? If so, what happens if you turn it off by editing the configure.php file ?

Plugin Contributions

The whole site is under ssl.
    I edited the includes/configure.php file and set define('ENABLE_SSL', 'false'); I cleared the cache and cookies, reloaded the page and after I selected the "add this to my cart" button I got the same message.

Plugin Contributions

I looked at the source and realized that in the html there are liks that are in the clear:
    <base href="http://secure.--domain--name.com/" />
    <link rel="canonical" href="http://secure.--domain--name.com/" />

I will have to edit the templates to correct that and then I will try to use the cart again.

Evan

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Unless your template files have it hard-coded in them, Zen Cart builds those URLs from the HTTP_SERVER setting in your configure.php file.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Strange. I tested 6 templates and the header information appears to be exactly the same. Is there a way to select the default template that the zen-cart software came with? Could it be that there was something configured poorly during the installation?

Plugin Contributions

I am reading that the template HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HTML IN THE PAGE(S)!!!! According to zen-cart "This template set is designed to be easily modified using only the style sheet to change colors, fonts, and the store logo. Three images are required; logo.jpg, header_bg.jpg, and tile_back.gif." So, if the template is nothing else than a css file why would this have an effect on the html found in the header area?

Plugin Contributions

In the includes/configuration.php I changed define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://secure.randrbuyandsell.com') to be https and that fixed the problem. Had nothing to do with the css.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast