Plugin Contributions

Default Help With a few questions

Hi Everyone

I am in the process of building a zen cart website and have managed to get most things working, however there are a few things that have me stumped.

1. I am using tabbed products pro but i cannot for the life of me work out how to change the font size and colour for the text under the tabs. i have managed to change all other text on my site except for the info in the tabs e.g my product description, ingredients lists etc. The closest i got was when i used CKEditor but that only changed the colour and size of the text under the 1st tab and left the other tabbed info in the original size and colour. Any ideas?

2. Where ever i have a products box e.g new products, Featured products i have a problem where there is a large gap between the thumbnail and the product name/price. Anyone know where i need to go to change that?

i have looked through the forums and tried a few things to fix both problems but nothing work so any help would be very appreciated.

Regards
    Herby

p.s website is www.herbylicious.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help With a few questions

1. Something like this added to your stylesheet:

#tabcontentcontainer h2 {font-size: 1em;}

2. In stylesheet.css,

.columnar-product-img {
    height: 175px;
    text-align: center;
    }

try 80px for the height.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Stevesh

Thank you very much for the info.

I have done the question 2 fix you suggested and it worked perfectly thank you.

with regards the question 1- is there a particular line that i add that too and when you say stylesheet do you mean stylesheet.css . Sorry but i am totally new to this and this site is my first attempt.

Plugin Contributions

Just paste the whole thing on its own line at the bottom of stylesheet.css. Adjust the 1em value to suit.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Again

I have tried what you said but either i have done something wrong or i did not explain myself properly to begin with. when i put the code in it only changed the size of the text on the word in the red box of the picture below and what i want to change is that word and all the text in the green box as well and have the same effect on all tabs - i.e benefits, how to use, ingredients etc. I want to be able to make the font size silghtly smaller and the font colour a dark grey.
    Name:  ss.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  24.8 KB

Sorry to be a pain

regards
    Herby

Plugin Contributions

#tabcontentcontainer h2 {font-size: 1.4em;}

#tabcontentcontainer .biggerText {font-size: 1.5em;}

#slidetabsmenu a {font-size: 1.5em;}

Adjust font-size value as necessary. Chenging color would be adding color: #FF0000; to the rule (assuming you want it red).

For future reference, install the Firefox browser and the Web Developer plugin for Firefox. You can use those to see where in the stylesheet you change the styling of the various page elements.

Ctrl-Shift-Y will allow you to hover over a section of the page and see the class and id names for that section in the box at the top. The statements in the stylesheet that begin with # are id's and the ones that begin with dots are classes.

Ctrl-Shift-E will open the CSS editor and allow you to edit the stylesheet and see the changes in real time without changing anything permanently. An essential tool.

Some prefer Firebug, which does much the same thing.

(If you're using Firefox 4-12, you'll need to remap the editor shortcut, since Firefox has appropriated Ctrl-Shift-E for an internal function - I use Ctrl-Shift-Q.)

Plugin Contributions

Thank you SOOOOOOO much and also thank you for the info om firefox and the web developers plugin

Plugin Contributions

TPP has its OWN stylesheets.

The FIRST (and controller stylesheet) is stylesheet_tpp.css

This sheet sets the main align parameters for the TPP section, but the CONTENT can be styled :-

EITHER by selecting one of the NUMEROUS pre-set stylesheets in the TPP folder (housed in your template's CSS folder - which are IMPORTED via an "@import" call in stylesheet_tpp.css...

OR by creating/editing a stylesheet of your own.

It is not advised to HARDCODE controllers into the main zencart stylesheet.

There is a comprehensive GUIDE for this mod, packaged with the download, so I don't know why you haven't read through it. All you need to know is in there...
    20 years a Zencart User