Plugin Contributions

Default Help Moving attributes to top of page

I am trying to move the attributes i set to the top of the page beneath the "Add to Cart: button. Is this possible?

I have tries searching but I can't seem to find anything on the subject, can anyone point me in the right direction?

please see the photo to explain what i'd like to accomplish.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help Moving attributes to top of page

The POSITION of the various components that make up the Product Info page are governed by the ORDER in which they are placed in a file called tpl_product_info_display.php .

Before you start tinkering with this file, it is necessary for you to understand zencart's OVER-RIDE protocol. This is the system by which you create a CUSTOM template for your webshop, and it comprises a set of folders (named uniquely), that enable zencart to look for customized files, ahead of their CORE counterparts in the directory system.

If you are using a CUSTOM template (which you should be) and you understand the principle of putting edited versions of core files into their respective OVER-RIDE folders, then you can proceed with the alterations to tpl_product_info_display.php

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=5
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    The POSITION of the various components that make up the Product Info page are governed by the ORDER in which they are placed in a file called tpl_product_info_display.php .

Before you start tinkering with this file, it is necessary for you to understand zencart's OVER-RIDE protocol. This is the system by which you create a CUSTOM template for your webshop, and it comprises a set of folders (named uniquely), that enable zencart to look for customized files, ahead of their CORE counterparts in the directory system.

If you are using a CUSTOM template (which you should be) and you understand the principle of putting edited versions of core files into their respective OVER-RIDE folders, then you can proceed with the alterations to tpl_product_info_display.php

I have adjusted this file to meet my needs and uploaded it to the proper directory. i have cleared my cache and cookies and still not luck moving the attributes like i would like too.

anyone know if there is another file to update as well so my changes will take effect?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

No, tpl_product_info_display.php is the one file that controls the layout of the product info page. Either your adjustments did not have the desired effect, or they are not in the correct folder location to be applied. Can we see your site live?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    No, tpl_product_info_display.php is the one file that controls the layout of the product info page. Either your adjustments did not have the desired effect, or they are not in the correct folder location to be applied. Can we see your site live?
    here is the site live with an item for sale where i want the attributes moved...

http://coppercreekammo.com/index.php...products_id=96

if you view the source of the page the changes are not visible.

however i have also included a screen shot of the "code" for the tpl_product_info page and you can see that the changes have been made.

any help is appreciated. i just want it to be easier on my customers so they dont get error warnings over and over since the cart and attributes are far apart on the page.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Just to be sure, that edited file is in includes/templates/theme467/templates ?

Plugin Contributions

The screenshot is too small to read. Post a copy/paste of the file here, in [ php ] [ /php ] tags.

Plugin Contributions

figured it out. i was making changes beneath a /div tag and the changes needed to be above.

thanks

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Help Moving attributes to top of page

I am also trying to move the attributes to top of page near add to cart button for website mall18.com