Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Display product only - not sell them.

    Hey All, it's my first time using ZC and my first post here...so please bear with me :)

    Ok, we have a store that hires out costumes...but we also sell a handful of products, e.g. wigs, props...but mostly, we hire our products.

    How can i show my products in the catelogue without a price or the other details that are attributed to the selling of products?

    For e.g. I want to advertise a Batman Costume that's for hire, and i just want to display name, description, image...no shipping details or price info included - is it possible?

    Much appreciated!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,574
    Plugin Contributions
    2

    Default Re: Display product only - not sell them.

    configuration->My Store->Store status = 1

    Cheers
    Rod

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Display product only - not sell them.

    Thank you so much for the reply...much appreciated.

    Just one more question, what if there were some products that i did want to sell? Can i have it set up as such? For e.g. i have a category called 'buy online' and another called 'costumes for hire'...where the first category is for purchases and the second is merely a showcase catalogue!

    Also, how do i get rid of 'units in stock' that shows up for each product?

    Again, your help is appreciated.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,574
    Plugin Contributions
    2

    Default Re: Display product only - not sell them.

    Quote Originally Posted by asuccar View Post
    Just one more question, what if there were some products that i did want to sell? Can i have it set up as such? For e.g. i have a category called 'buy online' and another called 'costumes for hire'...where the first category is for purchases and the second is merely a showcase catalogue!
    I don't know if it is possible or not. It's not something I've ever needed to do.


    Quote Originally Posted by asuccar View Post
    Also, how do i get rid of 'units in stock' that shows up for each product?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...22#post1122222

    Cheers
    Rod

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Display product only - not sell them.

    Thanks for all your help so far Rod.

    Does anyone else know if this is possible?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    329
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Display product only - not sell them.

    Quote Originally Posted by asuccar View Post
    Thanks for all your help so far Rod.

    Does anyone else know if this is possible?
    Products you want to sell can be added as 'Product - General' type

    Products you want to showcase can be added as 'Document - General' type

    The type is selected on the category page in admin, it's in a drop down box next to 'Back' 'New Category' 'New Product' buttons

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,574
    Plugin Contributions
    2

    Default Re: Display product only - not sell them.

    Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Products you want to sell can be added as 'Product - General' type

    Products you want to showcase can be added as 'Document - General' type

    The type is selected on the category page in admin, it's in a drop down box next to 'Back' 'New Category' 'New Product' buttons
    Nice to see someone is thinking 'outside the box' :)

    Cheers
    Rod

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Sell a product with pickup only option - Not shipped at all
    By john_zaneta in forum Addon Shipping Modules
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26 Dec 2011, 05:11 PM
  2. Sell a product with pickup only option - Not shipped at all
    By john_zaneta in forum General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 7 Dec 2011, 08:30 PM
  3. Sell a product with pickup only option - Not shipped at all
    By john_zaneta in forum Built-in Shipping and Payment Modules
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6 Dec 2011, 11:27 PM
  4. How do I show products but not sell them?
    By ashton0603 in forum Setting Up Categories, Products, Attributes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25 Jun 2007, 05:36 AM
  5. How do I show items but not sell them in zencart?
    By jas99villa in forum General Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28 Jan 2007, 03:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •