Plugin Contributions

database error Access denied for user (using password: YES)

I am new. I have hostpapa server. Use C-panel, fantastic de luxe install ZenCart. It was stopped in second step. Display is as follows:

Install Zen Cart (2/3)

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'jagr4292'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in/tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1336762971.31133_ADndWQ4ad on line 1617
    Access denied for user 'jagr4292'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Anyone could help me to teach me how to solve the problem? Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Access denied for user (using password: YES)

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...stall-zen-cart
    4. Do you have access to your webhosting control panel to create a MySQL database and user?

BEFORE YOU PROCEED, make sure you have access to a MySQL database, and username/password to that database. You may need to create the database using your webhosting account's control panel. Contact your webhosting company for assistance. Zen Cart® cannot create the database for you.
    (You need the following permissions on your MySQL user: SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, ALTER, INDEX, DROP. On an hSphere host, this would be "dba" access, or at least read/write. )

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...stall-zen-cart
    4. Do you have access to your webhosting control panel to create a MySQL database and user?

BEFORE YOU PROCEED, make sure you have access to a MySQL database, and username/password to that database. You may need to create the database using your webhosting account's control panel. Contact your webhosting company for assistance. Zen Cart® cannot create the database for you.
    (You need the following permissions on your MySQL user: SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, ALTER, INDEX, DROP. On an hSphere host, this would be "dba" access, or at least read/write. )

Cheers
    Rod
    Hi, Rod
    Thank you. I use hostpapa as web hosting. I create a Mysql database, pur user name, password and permission in control panel. But use fantastic install ZenCart, did not ask you database information. So you cannot connect the database. I ask the Host support. They let me change the password of Cpanel to original. But I cannot remember the original password.

I want to try install ZenCart by myself. I do this way

1. I apply a FTP account in Cpanel
    login: [email protected]
    passwaord: julia1234
    directory:/home/jagr4292/public_htm/julia

2. Use FileZilla FTP Zen Cart software to Server, fold name ZenCart. Is it mean that upload to host directory: home/jagr4292/public_htm/julia/ZenCart

3. I changed some file attribute to 777.

4. I put www.abc.com/ZenCart
    or www.jagreencollection.com/ZenCart/zc_install
    not working for install. display 404 page not found. I guess it is mean the path is not right. What is the right path? Could you give me a help?

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by julia88 View Post
    I ask the Host support. They let me change the password of Cpanel to original. But I cannot remember the original password.
    The cPanel password is totally different from any DB password and Zencart Password. You shouldn't be needing to change that.

I want to try install ZenCart by myself. I do this way
    Good on ya!

1. I apply a FTP account in Cpanel
    login: [email protected]
    passwaord: julia1234
    Although this is fine, perfectly acceptable, and even recommended, as a general rule it is not something you would need to so to install zencart. The reason being as that every Cpanel installation that I've seen to date also sets up a defualt FTP account for the cPanel user (using the exact same login details).

The act of creating a secondary FTP account (as you have done) is *good* because such accounts typically have a *different* username and password than the one you use for cPanel. This improves your site security quite considerably (but only if you DO use a different username/password).

directory:/home/jagr4292/public_htm/julia
    Unfortunately, this is where you went astray. This should be the filepath of where you wish to store your zencart files.
    Typically this would be "/home/blahblah/public_html" (if you are making your store you 'main' site (recommended), or "/home/blahblah/public_html/store/" if you wish your store to be located in a subfolder (not needed/recommended for most users).

Note: the path is almost always going to contain "/public_html/" rather than "/public_htm/"

2. Use FileZilla FTP Zen Cart software to Server, fold name ZenCart. Is it mean that upload to host directory: home/jagr4292/public_htm/julia/ZenCart
    Yes, using the data that you provided that is exactly where your files will end up. This is *probably* NOT what you want.
    Placed in this location for people to find your store the URL will end up being http://yourdomain.com/julia/ZenCart/

If you upload the files to home/jagr4292/public_html/ they'll be able to access your store with just your domain name.

3. I changed some file attribute to 777.
    No comment (not enough info)

4. I put www.abc.com/ZenCart
    or www.jagreencollection.com/ZenCart/zc_install
    not working for install. display 404 page not found. I guess it is mean the path is not right. What is the right path? Could you give me a help?
    If you've uploaded your files to /home/jagr4292/public_htm/julia/ZenCart then the zc_install will be found at www.abc.com/julia/ZenCart/zc_install

In other words, you are at least one folder too deep. You will need to edit the FTP user account that you created in order to upload to the higher level folders.
    Another option would be to use your cPanel login details with Filezilla, which will actually log you in to the site one level higher up than you need to be (IOW, it will log you into the /home/jagr4292/ folder, where you'll see lots of files (that you don't really need to know about) except the one called "public_html" or "www" (both of these will go to the same place). Within this folder you'll then see you 'julia' folder, and within that folder you'll see the filder called 'ZenCart' that you previously uploaded. It is the files in this folder that need to be moved 'up' to the 'public_html' folder. You can do this 'move' with filezilla itself (just drag and drop), or, you can delete this folder and the julia folder and do a complete new upload into the /public_html/ folder. I suggest the 'move' method because it is a LOT quicker and will save your bandwidth.

Thing will be correct when you see a file stucture looking like
    /public_html/admin/
    /public_html/includes/
    /public_html/zc_install/
    etc, etc, etc

Don't panic if you 'mess things up' You can always delete anything in /public_html/ and start again. DO NOT delete /public_html/ itself.

Hopefully this will get you on the right path.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi, Rod

Thank you very much for your detail instruction. I am so glad to have seen Zen Cart set up welcome page.
    Before install I would like to get more information help from you.

1. I got install zen cart information from web search. Recommend rename some file and change attribute before install are as follows
    includes/dist-configure.php and admin/includes/dist-configure.php to includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php, also change attribute 777
    Change file attribute 777 for /cache, /images, includes/languages/english/html_includes, /media, /pub, /admin/backups,/admin/images/graphs
    Change file attribute 777 for all subdirectory of /image

Do I have to do these?

2. I noted Zen Cart have multiple currecy. Does it have multiple level of price?
    3. Or if say people click US flag, have to login and get products with US price. If people click Canada flag, have to login in with different user name to get products with Canadian price which is different from US$. That means for certain item have one image and description, but US$ and CA$. Zen Cart could support this function or not?

Thanks lot for your help again.

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    The cPanel password is totally different from any DB password and Zencart Password. You shouldn't be needing to change that.

Good on ya!

Although this is fine, perfectly acceptable, and even recommended, as a general rule it is not something you would need to so to install zencart. The reason being as that every Cpanel installation that I've seen to date also sets up a defualt FTP account for the cPanel user (using the exact same login details).

The act of creating a secondary FTP account (as you have done) is *good* because such accounts typically have a *different* username and password than the one you use for cPanel. This improves your site security quite considerably (but only if you DO use a different username/password).

Unfortunately, this is where you went astray. This should be the filepath of where you wish to store your zencart files.
    Typically this would be "/home/blahblah/public_html" (if you are making your store you 'main' site (recommended), or "/home/blahblah/public_html/store/" if you wish your store to be located in a subfolder (not needed/recommended for most users).

Note: the path is almost always going to contain "/public_html/" rather than "/public_htm/"

Yes, using the data that you provided that is exactly where your files will end up. This is *probably* NOT what you want.
    Placed in this location for people to find your store the URL will end up being http://yourdomain.com/julia/ZenCart/

If you upload the files to home/jagr4292/public_html/ they'll be able to access your store with just your domain name.

No comment (not enough info)

If you've uploaded your files to /home/jagr4292/public_htm/julia/ZenCart then the zc_install will be found at www.abc.com/julia/ZenCart/zc_install

In other words, you are at least one folder too deep. You will need to edit the FTP user account that you created in order to upload to the higher level folders.
    Another option would be to use your cPanel login details with Filezilla, which will actually log you in to the site one level higher up than you need to be (IOW, it will log you into the /home/jagr4292/ folder, where you'll see lots of files (that you don't really need to know about) except the one called "public_html" or "www" (both of these will go to the same place). Within this folder you'll then see you 'julia' folder, and within that folder you'll see the filder called 'ZenCart' that you previously uploaded. It is the files in this folder that need to be moved 'up' to the 'public_html' folder. You can do this 'move' with filezilla itself (just drag and drop), or, you can delete this folder and the julia folder and do a complete new upload into the /public_html/ folder. I suggest the 'move' method because it is a LOT quicker and will save your bandwidth.

Thing will be correct when you see a file stucture looking like
    /public_html/admin/
    /public_html/includes/
    /public_html/zc_install/
    etc, etc, etc

Don't panic if you 'mess things up' You can always delete anything in /public_html/ and start again. DO NOT delete /public_html/ itself.

Hopefully this will get you on the right path.

Cheers
    Rod