Plugin Contributions

help question PayPal Canada won't accept Chinese address as customer's primary address

Hi everyone,

I created a website http://www.capsuleshell.com with Zen Cart v1.5.0 (Simplified Chinese UTF-8), and I want to sell North American products to Chinese customers. But when I was using PayPal website payments standard - IPN, if the customer used a Chinese address as the primary address, I got the following error message on PayPal:

PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem.

And if I only changed my primary address to an English address (I live in Ontario, Canada), everything worked perfectly even with both billing address and shipping address still be Chinese addresses.

It seems Zen Cart always sends the customer's primary address (the only address in Customer sub-menu under Customer menu) to PayPal, and PayPal needs to check the validity of my address. And PayPal simply could not recognize my Chinese address. I am not sure if my understanding is correct.

Did anyone encounter the similar problem with me, and how did you deal with it? I would really appreciate your help.
    Last edited by skyguard2000; 9 May 2012 at 04:51 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal IPN won't accept Chinese address as customer's primary address

I called PayPal.ca, and a technical support representative answered my question. Because I registered my PayPal account with PayPal.ca, when my customer submits an order, he/she will be redirected to the payment page of PayPal.ca. And PayPal.ca doesn't accept the payments from Chinese address (primary address in Zen Cart). The representative suggested me to register a PayPal account with PayPal.cn, and there shouldn't be any problem. Of course I can do so, but in this way, my money is still in China, staying within PayPal.cn, I still need to get through the process to get the money to Canada. So I simply gave up, and decided to use Alipay for Chinese customers, and use international credit card from customers with international primary addresses.