Plugin Contributions

Default Can I make PayPal open in an iframe for facebook?

Hi All,

I just found this closed thread that relates to my problem:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-iFrames-Issue

It was discussed that iframes are not the best, which I understand but I am integrating zencart into a facebook tab and facebook only does this through iframes...

So the issue is that paypal will not work because as zencart is currently setup it opens paypal in the same window. My facebook zenbook account times out because the iframe will not allow this. A work around, discussed in the above, closed thread is to open the paypal in a new window onsubmit of the "confirm order" button. This sounds great!.... only problem - I can't figure out which file the code they are referencing is in...

" all i did was add target="_blank" to the following code:

echo zen_draw_form('checkout_confirmation', $form_action_url, 'post', 'id="checkout_confirmation" target="_blank" onsubmit="submitonce();"'); "

I know the code might look a little different if I'm running a different copy of zencart but would anyone be able to give me an educated guess as to which file and where in the code I need to amend? I've checked the checkout_process.php... is that where the target="blank" goes and where? or is there another file?

Plugin Contributions

Default How to get Paypal button opening in a new window..

I want to open a new window after clicking a button and I'm trying to modify the code within Zencart. I think I'm trying to manipulate it in the right place... but I don't know how to go about it:

This was in the paypalwpp.php file, lines 1616-1618)

// This is where we actually redirect the customer's browser to PayPal. Upon return from PayPal, they go to ec_step2
    header("HTTP/1.1 302 Object Moved");
    zen_redirect($paypal_url . "?cmd=_express-checkout&token=" . $_SESSION['paypal_ec_token'] . $userActionKey);

Here was my amateur attempt:

zen_redirect( "target='_blank'" . $paypal_url . "?cmd=_express-checkout&token=" . $_SESSION['paypal_ec_token'] . $userActionKey);

Of course, I added the "target='_blank'" and it isn't working... how could I go about opening a new window by modifying the above code? Thank You!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to get Paypal button opening in a new window..

Dr. Byte - I don't know why you merged my two threads... the first was relating to the "confirm order" button that I needed to open in a new window and the second is for the "paypal" button that I need to do the same thing. I am a newbie and might need some extra help moving around zencart but I have been really unimpressed and displeased at the way you treat members here. Instead of helping I have seen time and again from my own and others threads that you are condescending and instead of actually helping solve the issue, push it off on something else

I have participated in a lot of forums before but am very displeased with this type of moderation. I hope you might be able to point me in the right direction on the second post I have in this thread as I am still looking for the answer, and it's not the same as the first post.

Plugin Contributions

I can't speak to your issues with DrByte's moderating skills, nor help with the coding. I don't do Facebook much, but I have tried to install Zencart in a Joomla wrapper (also iframe) multiple times without success. I tried the method outlined in the closed thread you mentioned, and it seemed to work at first, but then didn't. My assumption was that Paypal had figured the dodge out, which makes sense to me since if it were that easy to fool them, Paypal would be buried in bogus transactions.

It may be that, like me, you just won't be able to embed Zencart in another program, as long as it uses iframes.

Plugin Contributions

http://www.connectage.com/cartage/fa...he-iframe.html

Info for modifying Zencart in this post. Do realise though, that doing this will make Paypal open in a new tab when users visit your site normally, ie not embedded through Paypal...or Have you made a duplicate of your site using the same database which is styled differently and for the Facebook users only?

Plugin Contributions

Thank you guys for your help:) No, I haven't made a site styled differently, I'm planning to only use it within Facebook. Sorry for the negative comments above and I really do appreciate your guys help:)