Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default How to set up downloadable products?

I read your original posts on setting up downloadable products (http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...013#post248013) and I understood the first part, for doing just one downloadable zip. I actually got that to work...after completely reinstalling the cart to use the most recent version. (The procedure was totally Sanskrit when I was using version 1.3.9. THANK YOU for making it MUCH easier in this new revision!!!!!!!)

However, I don't understand post #55 (http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...114#post248114) at all. "Pick the Download 1 and add the Option Name: of 3"?? What does that mean?

Here's what I'm trying to do: I'm offering hardback, paperback, and three different downloadable versions of various books for sale. I would prefer to do it all on one screen if possible, rather than have a separate category page for the hardback, the paperback, and the downloadable version. Is that even possible? If so, how can I set it up so that the person can select their choice of the 5 different formats (hard, paper, epub, mobi, or pdf) and either purchase the hard/paper and have it shipped, or purchase the e-version and download it?

Thanks very much for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to set up downloadable products?

That is for when you have a Product with 3 downloads and the customer gets all 3 downloads ...

It sounds like what you want is the customer gets only 1 choice of the Option Name, something like:
    Media Format

With the Option Values of:
    Select your media format (or something like that)
    Hardback
    Paperback
    epub
    mobi
    pdf

Then when adding the Attributes to the Product:
    Select your media format (Display Only YES, Default YES)
    Hardback (add weight)
    Paperback (add weight)
    epub (add the download filename)
    mobi (add the download filename)
    pdf format (add the download filename)

this way the customer must pick the correct format ...

As to the Price, you can either Add the Price to the Product if it is the same, or Add part of the price to the Product and the difference to the Attributes, or you can set the Product to Priced by Attribute and add the full Price to each of the Attributes ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Yes, that's exactly what I want! (And thank you for the super-fast reply!!!!)

As I go into My Option Name Manager, and set up the Option Name to be, say, Select Your Format, does it need an order number filled in? And what Option Type should I specify?

Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

This explains all :)

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...s-downloadable

Cheers
    Rod

sorry about the double posting, DrByte and I apparenlty gave the same reply within seconds of each other.
    Hmm... I think I can go to bed now that the doc's back to handle things LOL.
    Last edited by RodG; 10 May 2012 at 03:20 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what I want! (And thank you for the super-fast reply!!!!)

As I go into My Option Name Manager, and set up the Option Name to be, say, Select Your Format, does it need an order number filled in? And what Option Type should I specify?

Thanks!!
    I always set that Default/Display Only Attribute as Sort Order 0 ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    I always set that Default/Display Only Attribute as Sort Order 0 ...
    Okay, now I'm confused (it doesn't take much, I'm afraid). I'm on the Options Name Manager page and I don't see anything like that there. Sorry! This is what I see:

1 en: "Select Your Format" Order: __ Dropdown/Radio etc Insert

Do I need to fill in the Order field, and which Option would you recommend for what I'm trying to do?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post
    Okay, now I'm confused (it doesn't take much, I'm afraid). I'm on the Options Name Manager page and I don't see anything like that there. Sorry! This is what I see:

1 en: "Select Your Format" Order: __ Dropdown/Radio etc Insert

Do I need to fill in the Order field, and which Option would you recommend for what I'm trying to do?
    The Option Name Sort Order is for when there are multiple Option Names on the same Product and you want them to display in a certain order ...

The Option Value Sort Order is for when there are multiple Option Values within the Option Name and you want to display them in a certain order ...
    Linda McGrath

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The FAQs section has articles directly related to the questions you're asking. ie: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...s-downloadable

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I'd already read that. :-) But there are a lot of different options for each choice, and I don't want to pick the wrong one, and then have to totally redo it after getting hopelessly confused again.

Plugin Contributions

There is no 'wrong' one. It is all a matter of needs and preferences. It'll make a LOT more sense after you've added one or two.

Cheers
    Rod

(wonder if the doc has beaten me to this too) <g>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast