Plugin Contributions

Default OzPost correct shipping issues

Experiencing issues with Ozpost Multiquote that I am wondering if anyone can help with.

Scenario :
    - 5 items. Total weight 1.575kgs
    - Delivery Berri South Aus to Sydney...
    - Ozpost Multiquote options are for regular Australia Post parcels and Aussie Post Pre-paid satchels

Delivery options given at checkout are thus:

Shipping quotes are based on the address information you selected: BERRI 5343 to 2000 Australia
    Rates

Australia Post, Parcel up to 2 Kgs cubic weight 4 Days Estimated Delivery. $14.35
    Australia Post, 5kg PP+ Satchel 4 Days Estimated Delivery. $14.50
    Australia Post, Registered Parcel up to 2 Kgs cubic weight 5 Days Estimated Delivery. Includes $3.05 Reg/Ins fee $17.40
    Australia Post, 5kg Registered Satchel 4 Days Estimated Delivery. Includes $3.05 Reg/Ins fee $17.55
    Australia Post, Express Parcel up to 2 Kgs cubic weight 2 (Outside Express network) Days Estimated Delivery. $26.60

Options bolded are faulty. Anybody know what's happening?

I suspect it's dimensions because same total weight on a different item (with 7 items) offers me 5kg prepaid and 4kg parcel (which is also wrong).

EDIT: I just tested a single item - 0.225grams - Regular under 500gm is $6.60. Prepaid satchel (same item) is 3kg - $11.40 - ouch!
    Last edited by stewade; 20 May 2012 at 10:10 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: OzPost correct shipping issues

1) you may want to look at the ozpost support thread here as Rod responds fairly quickly
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...hipping-module
    2) What version do you have? as i am sure I have read somewhere that some types of satchels aren't supported anymore by Australia Post, perhaps thats causing the issue?
    Last edited by nigelt74; 20 May 2012 at 11:50 PM.
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stewade View Post
    Experiencing issues with Ozpost Multiquote that I am wondering if anyone can help with.

Scenario :
    - 5 items. Total weight 1.575kgs
    What are the dimensions of the created package?

Australia Post, Parcel up to 2 Kgs cubic weight 4 Days Estimated Delivery. $14.35
    Australia Post, Registered Parcel up to 2 Kgs cubic weight 5 Days Estimated Delivery. Includes $3.05 Reg/Ins fee $17.40
    Australia Post, 5kg Registered Satchel 4 Days Estimated Delivery. Includes $3.05 Reg/Ins fee $17.55
    Australia Post, Express Parcel up to 2 Kgs cubic weight 2 (Outside Express network) Days Estimated Delivery. $26.60

Options bolded are faulty. Anybody know what's happening?
    When reporting apparent discrepencies such as this, it is always good if you could post the quotes that you expect as well, because that makes it easier for me to figure out why there is a difference.

I suspect it's dimensions because same total weight on a different item (with 7 items) offers me 5kg prepaid and 4kg parcel (which is also wrong).
    I suspect the same thing, but agian, stating that it is 'wrong' without providing the quoted cost and the expected cost doesn't give me much to work with.

EDIT: I just tested a single item - 0.225grams - Regular under 500gm is $6.60. Prepaid satchel (same item) is 3kg - $11.40 - ouch!
    [/QUOTE]

I'll start with this one. Firstly, I must assume that you meant to type 0.225kgs rather than grams. (0.255gms would be a pinch of salt)

3kg Prepaid satchels do cost $11.40 , so that is correct. The regular parcel price for an item under 500gm is also correct @$6.60.
    Up until the start of April (2012), there used to be a different price for items under 250gms, but this price bracket has been dropped.

There are two possible reasons why a 255gm (0.225kg) item will be quoted at the 3kg satchel size rather than the smaller 300gm size. The first reason being that the product dimensions make the item too large to fit the smaller satchel. Note: Because we a need to place a 3dimensional product into a satchel with only 2 dimensions available, the code that performs the calculations is rather complex. Example: The 500gm satchel dimensions are 353mm x 220mm, but if your product measures 353mm x 220mm x 1mm the code will determine it won't fit, because if the height is 1mm, then the avaialble width and length are reduced by 2mm each (think about it).
    The other reason why it could show the 3kg satchel rather than the 500gm satchel (even if the item does fit) would be if the merchant has disabled to 500gms as a method they wish to use (some merchants only stock the 3kg satchels), so in this case the module is smart enough to provide a quote for the next sized satchel that does fit and is allowable.

As for....
    I've highlghted the parts in red that I see as being significant. Although the deadweight of your parcel was 1.575kgs, the prices being quoted are using the cubic weight (which in this case just happens to be within the same price range as the deadweight. Ergo, the parcel quotes are going to be the same (correct price) regardless. On the other hand, this is also a clear indication that the item dimensions are such that the items are going to be too large to fit the 3kg Satchel, but will fit the 5kg satchel (which is a new addition to the satchel range made earlier this year).

So, to sum up, it appears that your dimensions are probably incorrect.

Hope this answers your questions, but if not, please don't hesitate to get back to me with more info, and perhaps a link to the product(s) that appear to be giving incorrect results.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Thx RodG...

Discovered the issue. Only just started using zencart (so fairly steep curve to find all the nuances) and I discovered that my admin folder was a different name to the default (as per your install). As such, dimensions were not attached to a product and I was assuming that weight was the variable used to calculate even though I knew it had to be dimensions causing the issue - which made it all the more confusing when one couldn't modify the dimensions as I had no fields for same.

I twigged because of another thread discussing product dimensions as standard product fields. Which I am led to believe will occur in V2.0....

Kudos \0/
    Thx for the reply.