Plugin Contributions

Default How do I send a gift certificate to someone other than the purchaser?

i probably should not open a new topic for this question. i use 1.3.9h. i have customer that placed an order for a gift cert and in comments asked to mail it to someone else. If i would approve it in quene that would go sit in his account and he would need to email the amount to whomever he wants to. So i emailed one to me and then mailed that code to the adress customer provided (this is for right now to take care the situation). But how in general can we deal with this in future?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I send a gift certificate to someone other than the purchaser?

Only the customer can "forward" a GC to someone else.

Why would they want the store owner to do it?

The procedure is so blindlingly simple for customers, and you really don't want the hassle of having to do this.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I send a gift certificate to someone other than the purchaser?

The procedure is so blindlingly simple for customers, and you really don't want the hassle of having to do this.
    We must have the most incompetent customers in the world because 100% of the gift certificates sold have had to be managed by an admin logging into the customer who purchased the GC and transferring it to the intended recipient's account and taking care of things for them. Gift Certificates are the most complex item within zencart for our customers to understand.

I don't want the hassle of dealing with this but it is either that or eliminating the Gift Certificates entirely.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com