Plugin Contributions

Default Inserting two new boxes on our home page centre column

Hi,

Almost a couple of years ago now I created two new boxes under our existing 'Great gift ideas' and 'Special Offers' boxes I'm pretty sure these boxes had products in but I cannot remember. but to be honest I can't see how if I made boxes in dreamweaver how there would have been products in them and I cannot find this file in dreamweaver to see what I actually created.

From a previous thread when I asked how to do this it appears I used dreamweaver to make some boxes in html and copied and pasted this code into zencart back end tools>define pages editor>define_main_page.php (But I'm not certain) and when I look at this in the back end I cannot see any of 'our' code there just the standard zencart code, so who knows where that's gone.

Our site is http://www.thegreatgiftshop.co.uk/ as I have not done anything on it for a long time now I'm very rusty when it comes to making tweaks like this so would really appreciate it if someone can advise how exactly we'd add two more boxes that look like the existing boxes that we can specify specific products in new box 1 and specific products in new box 2.

As I mentioned I have not had any involvement with the site for quite some time and I'm thinking perhaps an upgrade was done a while ago which is why I can't see any of our custom html in the define pages editor in the admin.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Inserting two new boxes on our home page centre column

Use the Editable Centerboxes mod from Plugins, and put your custom product code in those (in Define Pages Editor).
    There is a new improved version that is compatible with v1.5.0, but it is not available in Plugins yet. See the support thread for discussion. I can e-mail you a zip of it if you would like to try it.

Plugin Contributions

You had previously used the "featured" products as your "Great Gift Ideas" and the "specials" products as your "Special Offers", so the change that you did previously was changing the names of the headings for the featured/special products.
    Last edited by lat9; 2 May 2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: spelling ...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for getting back to me guys.

gjh42 I will consider trying that - although first I would rather try and do what I did previously. But I can't remember how - so frustrating!!

lat9 - no that is not what I did, because previously those existing boxes were still there, I'm referring to an additonal box I created in html to duplicate the look of these boxes which I then copied the code and pasted it into somewhere so that is appeared underneath the existing boxes on the home page. Where the file is I created in dreamweaver originally is now I do not know or where exactly where I pasted the code into to get the box where I wanted it to appear - I just can't remember!

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

If these "boxes" appeared on the HOME PAGE only, then you probably did write some HTML to create the boxes.

If the boxes appeared elsewhere as well - in the manner that you can get "featured" or "specials" center-boxes to appear - then that would not have involved HTML. That would have required you to "mimic" the functions inherent in other center-box modules.

If you want some "boxes" to appear on the home page only, the define_main_page.php file is where your custom HML can be embedded.

See officefrog.co.uk for an example of embedded HTML in the define_main_page.php file .

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    ...There is a new improved version that is compatible with v1.5.0, but it is not available in Plugins yet. See the support thread for discussion. I can e-mail you a zip of it if you would like to try it.
    Thank you to let me know of this mod. I'm interested in trying it for a project I'm working on. Please email me this zip if still available.
    Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

It's too big to attach to a forum post or PM; PM me with your e-mail address and I will send it to you.