Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Extreme layout of attributes with a music player. Please Help.

I have searched and searched but have not found an answer. So here it is... please let me know your thoughts.

I am creating an online music store that sells physical and digital downloads. I want each product to have 2 sets of attributes: 1 will be for complete albums and the other will be for purchasing individual tracks.

I want the user experience to be top notch so I will be using a custom player populated by an xml playlist. This second set of attributes I want to run down the right side of the mp3 player that I am using which will have a playlist with a fixed height for each track. (35px vertically) I want the attributes to appear at the end of the track listed in the player. (Image attached)

The total area is 475px wide. The player is 445px wide.. that leaves 30px wide for the attribute checkboxes... or to create another table column that can have the checkboxes in it.

My questions are:
    - Is it possible to specify the layout/spacing of a second set of attributes without affecting the 1st set of attributes?

- Can I place the attributes beside the player and space the checkboxes out to reflect my design (35px apart vertically)?

- Can I display the attribute checkboxes without displaying any of the data associated with them? i.e. The attribute would be called "song 1" with a price of .99... but I only want to display the checkbox for the attribute as the player incorporates all the other data in a xml playlist.

I realize that coding wise his may be challenging to get similar appearances and spacing across the major browsers... so I will most likely use custom stylesheets served up based on the browser used to view the site.

I hope this makes sense. Please see the attached image and let me know how I might go about doing this.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

https://skitch.com/jonny_19/8wenb/mu...layer-1-rgb-16
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Extreme layout of attributes with a music player. Please Help.

Here is the actual page if you need to see that:
    http://9starmedia.com/index.php?main...products_id=86

A COUPLE NOTES:
    - I haven't put the playlist part of the player in because it has yet to be coded.

- I inserted the 14 individual track attributes so they are there to work with

- The layout is not totally complete yet... see my previous image.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can do anything you want, if you take the time to alter the templates and the related modules to do what you require.
    What you're after is no small feat, but it should be doable if you're willing to put in the time to make it happen.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You can do anything you want, if you take the time to alter the templates and the related modules to do what you require.
    What you're after is no small feat, but it should be doable if you're willing to put in the time to make it happen.

I appreciate the feedback. A big part of the question was to find out if what I want is even possible.. or if I am out of my mind. (the latter has yet to be resolved)

Now scour the forums to find out a solution to the problems. Any other thoughts abut how I go about it the most effective way or things to look out for while moving ahead would be great. I'm a newbie after all.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You might look at the various forum discussions about other media players such as wimpy and see if those help steer you in useful directions for at least some of what you wish to do.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You might look at the various forum discussions about other media players such as wimpy and see if those help steer you in useful directions for at least some of what you wish to do.
    Thanks Dr. Byte. I actually found a great player and am having it customized to my desired appearance with the playlist. We integrated it with the site already... it looks great.

more of a concern to me is how to include the attributes (minus the text) down the side of he player. Im not sure whether I'll need to have the table spilt at that point so the attributes are beside the player in the remaining 20px or whether I can place them beside the player in the same space... then whether I can spread them out vertically with a 35px separation without affecting the 1st set of attributes listed above the player for the full album purchases.

I searched the forums for attribute placement / layout / etc... but so far have not been successful. I'll keep searching though.

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Default Hiding and triggering attributes from a javascript player

Hello,

I am working on an MP3 store which will sell downloads and physical media. I want to use a customized player and playlist for my site for aesthetic appeal... but I can't find a way to make the individual track attributes line up to the right side of the playlist accurately... so my idea is this:

Modify the player (and playlist) so that the player has its own set of checkboxes built in.. and those checkboxes which are built into the player, when clicked, are in actuality triggering the checking of hidden Zen Cart attribute checkboxes for the individual tracks. That way I can have the player and playlist appear as I want and use them to select the attributes I want (for individual track purchasing).

Does this idea make sense?
    Is it possible?
    How might I go about doing this?

Thanks for any help, ideas, or thoughts you might have.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hiding and triggering attributes from a javascript player

Im not sure why my new post got added to my old one... I am actually asking 2 different things in these posts... I wasn't able to make the layout work with the player and having attributes run down the side... so now I am looking to have the Zen Cart attributes completely hidden and have the javascript player with its own built in checkboxes trigger the zen cart ones to be checked. Totally different question. Why was this moved?

Plugin Contributions

You are asking for a different way of accomplishing the exact same thing as your OP, so I suppose the mods decided they belonged together.

Have you looked at Flexible Attributes for organizing your Zen Cart attributes layout?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    You are asking for a different way of accomplishing the exact same thing as your OP, so I suppose the mods decided they belonged together.

Have you looked at Flexible Attributes for organizing your Zen Cart attributes layout?
    It's not really the exact same thing... though I understand your point. I am not a coder and am fairly new to Zen Cart... but my coder has told me that since I am using Zen Cart 1.5 the flexible attributes add-on will not work. (I was going to use it on the product listing pages)... Does flexible attributes actually work with 1.5?

My challenge is that I know function wise what needs to happen.. I just need some guidance on whether or not it can be done, and how to do it.. or find someone who can steer me in the right direction... or someone who can actually do it for me. I'm happy to hire someone as well. I just need to find a way to get it done.

I'm kind of desperate since the site depends on the player existing since the purpose is to sell individual track downloads as well as full donwloads and physical CD's.

Any guidance, direction, help, ANYTHING would be helpful. Thanks for reading this and taking the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast