Plugin Contributions

Default Price Comparrison

I could not find this as a plug in, so I thought I would ask....

Does anyone know of a Plug in that allows you to use a price comparrision?

Eg:
    w ww.(Websitename).com $99.95
    Our Price: $74.95
    You Save: $25.00
    Forums are for helping people!! if you don't want to help people then shut up and get off the forum!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Price Comparrison

I don't know of a plugin which specifically does this but if you already knew the prices of the products from another website then it would be pretty easy to do :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davowave View Post
    I don't know of a plugin which specifically does this but if you already knew the prices of the products from another website then it would be pretty easy to do :)
    How do I do it?

I know there is a MSRP plugin which does allows you to show the MSRP. Maybe I could just edit the text for each item I want to price compare on to show the websites name I am comparing to? Is that possible or does the MSRP plugin use 1 title 'MSRP' for all pages?
    Forums are for helping people!! if you don't want to help people then shut up and get off the forum!

Plugin Contributions

Just had a quick look at the MRSP plugin and indeed that would be the easiest way for you to do this. It would save you a lot of code and the author has made it fully integrated with the admin so it would be easy to update your products with the competitors prices.

2 points though. If you use Easy Populate to manage your catalogue then you'll need to make changes in it to be able to add the MRSP value, either that or you'll have to go through each product seperately

Also, this MRSP plugin hasn't been made to work with zencart 1.5 yet, I don't know if that's what you're using but if it is, I believe making it work with 1.5 isn't too difficult either.

hth good luck :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davowave View Post
    Just had a quick look at the MRSP plugin and indeed that would be the easiest way for you to do this. It would save you a lot of code and the author has made it fully integrated with the admin so it would be easy to update your products with the competitors prices.

2 points though. If you use Easy Populate to manage your catalogue then you'll need to make changes in it to be able to add the MRSP value, either that or you'll have to go through each product seperately

Also, this MRSP plugin hasn't been made to work with zencart 1.5 yet, I don't know if that's what you're using but if it is, I believe making it work with 1.5 isn't too difficult either.

hth good luck :)
    Thanks for the input. DO you have any suggestions on how to change 'MSRP' to website x for each different item. Or do you think that is not possible.

Yes i use Easy Populate.... Best way to do it!! :)

I am on 1.3x

Haven't upgraded as all my mods don't work in 1.5 yet

Plugin Contributions

I was thinking of something similar to this, but not to show in the front end. More as a management tool to keep an eye on the competition. I was thinking of being able to add as many sites as you want, as you find more competition sites.

This would mean extra table(s) in the db...

I was thinking it may be an idea to be able to add the name, link & price in a table and display it in the product page. (possibly adding their shipping rates as well.)

If the information is in the database, then adding it to the store front isn't that difficult. I think adding it on the front page just helps advertise the competition.... but I guess that's the decision of the store owner.