Plugin Contributions

Default How do I stop banners from rotating on main page?

I bought a template from zenflavor.com (Premium 3a) and followed the directions carefully. The problem is that the banners are rotating and I want them stationery. I tried contacting support at Zen Flavor, and his reply was read the directions. I also purchased the Zen Cart eBook 2nd edition and have searched through it to no avail. The only thing stopping me from bringing the cart live is these rotating banners, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Pam
    http://www.equestrisafe.com/cart/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I stop banners from rotating on main page?

It would help to know exactly what you want the visitor to see when he lands at your site. Do you want all the banners to display all the time ? Right now, you don't seem to have any content on your main page except banners.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    It would help to know exactly what you want the visitor to see when he lands at your site. Do you want all the banners to display all the time ? Right now, you don't seem to have any content on your main page except banners.
    There are two banners on the page that I want to display all the time in the same position. I want the wide skinny one on top (OPT-IN to our...) as it is an active link and then the big banner on the bottom. Currently sometimes the page loads the way I want (skinny on top, big on bottom) and other times I get two of the skinny, two of the big or the big on top and the skinny on the bottom.

This is important in relaying the content within the site. This is a totally new concept in the equine world and the consumer needs to be made aware of the type of products they are going to find before they actually view the products. This layout works best for company rather than just showing a bunch of products on the home page to click and buy.

Plugin Contributions

Check your banner settings in Admin - Configuration - Layout Settings. You want the banner with a particular group name to appear only once in the banner position you've selected. Assign each of your banners to its own unique group name, then place each in the banner position where you want it to appear in Layout Settings.

Plugin Contributions

THANK YOU!!!! It is now working the way I want. You have no idea how long I have struggled with this and in 2 minutes you made it work!

I have one other quick question, since you helped me so succinctly:
    Can I pull all the files out of the "cart" directory and put them in the "www" directly without messing anything up? Ideally I want customers to go right to the page we just fixed as http://www.equestrisafe.com/ instead of http://www.equestrisafe.com/cart/ .

Plugin Contributions