Plugin Contributions

Default Problem with installing Numinix FedEx webservices Module

I just tried to install the Fedex webservices module by numinix and it is not working.

this page .../index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping is now completely blank when I go through checkout.
    If I turn off the module in my admin the checkout works perfectly.

I have zc 1.3.9 php 5.2.17

I got the auth. key, password, and all that info from fedex and modified my files.

I'm not sure what I have done wrong. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with installing Numinix FedEx webservices Module

Does anyone have any ideas? I would really really appreciate any help.

I know I'm cutting it close here as fedex terminates ship manager on the 31st, but I just had a baby at the end of January so I was a little distracted.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. Troubleshooting blank pages: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page
    2. Since your module is from Numinix, try asking them on *their* support site.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thanks for responding. I'll head over to their support site.

Plugin Contributions

Because of the upcoming rollover with FedEx Webservices on June 1st, I want to offer what worked for me in case it helps anyone else. This of course assumes you've properly obtained a new Meter Number at the FedEx Developer website. With that in mind here it is...

I just want to chime in for anyone else having a similar problem. As a backstory, I installed the Numinix WebServices module to address the FedEx Webservices API changes coming June 1st, 2012.

As this post is dated prior to June 1st, I can't yet confirm its workability, but I'm confident it will. After fixing my problem, I did get my freight results which seems to indicate it's all doing what it should be doing. After installing it in Zen Cart 1.3.9h, I was experiencing an issue where the freight charges wouldn't show and I was getting blank pages during the checkout process. The cache log was reporting a code:

[26-May-2012 00:05:22] PHP Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: soapclient in htdocs/blahblah/includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php on line 70

If this was happening to you, here's something that worked for me… As I discovered after the fact, this module requires SOAP. To find out if your Zen Cart has SOAP enabled, log into your admin panel and click on the version link at the top right corner. Here you will find your version number, PHP version, and down the page, you'll know if you have SOAP enabled or not. If not, you may have to contact your hosting provider and ask for that to be enabled. In my case with my 1and1 server, it was already enabled — a huge relief.

I then recalled an issue with another 1and1 server at an earlier time where you have to use an .htaccess file to tell the server to use PHP5 where earlier versions PHP might be in use. This is helpful for the module since it uses a more recent version of PHP. So — I simply created an .htaccess file with the following lines in it:

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
    AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php

I then uploaded the .htaccess file to the root folder of my Zen Cart store and voila — it all worked flawlessly! To verify, I removed the .htaccess and then restored it, proving that this did in fact make it work. No more blank pages during checkout and FedEx rates did appear as hoped!

For those of you unfamiliar with .htaccess files, I won't get into the heavy details, but it's a text file with specific server instructions. You SHOULD NOT create this in Microsoft word as it will embed hidden things the server cannot read or process. You must use notepad (Microsoft) or Apple's TextEdit (in plain text mode). This is very important. If the text program you're using can make the fonts bold, or italic, you're doing it wrong. That makes the file a "rich text" file because it encodes font formatting. You must be in "plain text" editing mode. Got it? Good.

Simply add the two lines to the file as shown above. Save the file on your computer as anything except ".htaccess". Why? Because if you put a period in front of the file on most computers, the file becomes invisible, so you won't be able to see it or upload it. Let's pretend you named it "Johnny.txt". Upload "Johnny.txt" to your root folder on your server. Then, go into your FTP program, locate the file on the server and change the filename to ".htaccess".

You're done!

For everything the Zen Cart community does for free, I hope this little "give back" helps those in need! I know some of you will be scrambling at the last minute trying to fix it. This worked for me. I hope it works for you. Thank you Numinix for the mod!

I'll know June 1st if this post served any purpose!