Plugin Contributions

Default Locked out of admin following move to new host

I need help please. I have moved my working site from one host to another. I have followed to the letter all the tutorials eg. http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?142 and that for database.
    I have tried all the usual t change pasword including running script in myphpadmin (Admin admin).
    Nothing has worked and i cant find any other help in the forums. it remains that all i get is "You entered the wrong username or password". I have tried this with two of my sites on 2 different hosts and each time got this problem. The existing site and the new install before moving work perfectly. Thank you for any advice
    carl

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Locked out of admin following move to new host

You said you followed the tutorial article whose link you quoted.
    In step 2(b) it tells you to test the fresh clean new install you made, before importing any of your old data. Did you test it? Were you able to login to your admin then?
    And what happened when you used the utility mentioned in step 6?

Also, are you able to login as a customer on the storefront? And then are you able to add items to your cart and then see them IN your cart afterwards? Can you proceed through checkout?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    In step 2(b) it tells you to test the fresh clean new install you made, before importing any of your old data. Did you test it? Were you able to login to your admin then?
    Yes, it all worked perfect and yes i could get into admin ok.

And what happened when you used the utility mentioned in step 6?
    Fix cache, that worked fine.
    Also, are you able to login as a customer on the storefront? And then are you able to add items to your cart and then see them IN your cart afterwards? Can you proceed through checkout?
    No i couldnt login or go through checkout. i could browse the shop ok.

I should say that i have done this 3 times now,, the first time (above) was with ver 1.302 and on hostpapa.

the next 2 tries were for my new site Ver 1.39h which i am trying to move to ipage hosting and got the same result of no admin, but this time i could not use fix cache,.. ipage say i cant use it which i know is rubbish.

I quote them...

"Your domain 'zworykin.co.uk' is already pointing to the folder /public_html/shop/ . You will not be able to access the URL http://www.zworykin.co.uk/public_htm..._cache_key.php . You can try accessing the file using the URL http://www.zworykin.co.uk/fix_cache_key.php "

I tried but no....

I could see the shop but couldnt do anything as it still sayed down for maintenance from last time.

you can see the working site i want to move to new host here http://www.televee.co.uk/shop/

Plugin Contributions

You have likely guessed that for each move i have gone from one domain name to another. Could that be the problem. Do I have to keep the same domain name?.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    I quote them...

"Your domain 'zworykin.co.uk' is already pointing to the folder /public_html/shop/ . You will not be able to access the URL http://www.zworykin.co.uk/public_htm..._cache_key.php . You can try accessing the file using the URL http://www.zworykin.co.uk/fix_cache_key.php "
    They are correct in their statement.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

They are correct in their statement.
    ok , so any idea what the problem is ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you can't login, and can't add things to your shopping cart, and you can't checkout, and you can't log into your Admin, then that means your server isn't allowing you to establish a "session".

A very quick search in the FAQs/Tutorials for "session" brings up numerous articles, the first two of which are:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...working-for-me
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...lling-zen-cart

Plugin Contributions

If you can't login, and can't add things to your shopping cart, and you can't checkout, and you can't log into your Admin, then that means your server isn't allowing you to establish a "session".

A very quick search in the FAQs/Tutorials for "session" brings up numerous articles, the first two of which are:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...working-for-me
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...lling-zen-cart
    This cant be the case,, I had installed a fresh copy of 1.39h and it was working perfect in every way. the problem came after i copied over the old site. I have now started the process over. I now have a working cart and i am just about to copy over the files,,, see what happens.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    This cant be the case,, I had installed a fresh copy of 1.39h and it was working perfect in every way. the problem came after i copied over the old site. I have now started the process over. I now have a working cart and i am just about to copy over the files,,, see what happens.
    well i have done it about the 6th time now and yes i get the shop (d for Matnce) but admin wrong password scenario again.. i am so sick of this also this....As for "running" fix_cache_key.php, you simply upload the file to your server using FTP, and type your site's URL followed by the corresponding path to the fix_cache_key.php file that you just uploaded. This is the very same concept as you use to run zc_install/index.php etc.

no i cant run this either. I am sure there is something simple here that a tech could do in secs. again followed tut to the letter it just dont work like that..

I will pay for someone to tell me or do it before i jump in the lake.

Plugin Contributions

eureka,, i have done it , it worked this time with
    Username: Admin
    Password: admin

still not been able to use fix cache