Thread: Edit Comments

Plugin Contributions

Default Edit Comments

Is there any way to edit visible comments in the Order Status History & Comments section?

If not, does anyone know of a module that will allow this? *other than SuperOrders and Edit Orders because they do not...

* ZC 1.50 with SuperOrders and Edit Orders installed

Thx.

Default Re: Edit Comments

Are you talking about editing the customer comments that they enter during the checkout process? If so, why would you need to edit the comments that the customer put there for you to see? Give me a scenario so I can understand what you're trying to accomplish.

It seems to me a better way to go rather than editing what the customer wrote, is to update the comment by adding an admin comment using Super Orders, and make it visible rather than hide it (and select 'notify customer' so it will be emailed to them for their records).

This would be the better way to go because it leaves all original communication in place - which is just good business. As a customer, I would be very unhappy with any store owner that made changes to anything I put in writing. I would prefer, if a change is necessary, that the store owner simply add an update or addendum to what I said in the first place.

Re: Admin Comments - Whether you choose to hide them or make them visible, they are most certainly editable with Super Orders. If you're not able to edit them now, it's because Edit Orders and Super Orders - in their current stable release - are NOT compatible with ZC150.

Updates for each of them are in process. Recommend you uninstall them from your 150 store to avoid issues and wait for the updates to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by gsdcypher View Post
    Is there any way to edit visible comments in the Order Status History & Comments section?

If not, does anyone know of a module that will allow this? *other than SuperOrders and Edit Orders because they do not...

* ZC 1.50 with SuperOrders and Edit Orders installed

Thx.
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply. No, as stated I want to edit admin comments not customer comments. Yes since Super Orders and Edit Orders currently do not allow editing of admin comments in v1.50, I was search for either 1) code that will allow them to or 2) another module that can do that in v1.50...

My apologies. I did not find your first post to be clear about what you were wanting or about the correct functionality of either Edit Orders and Super Orders, so I wanted to clarify for anyone visiting this thread in the future - hence the questions to understand exactly what you were asking for.

The current versions of Super Orders & Edit Orders most certainly do allow for the editing of admin comments, but only in the version of ZC that they were built for (zc139).

As stated previously here, and in their respective support threads, both mods are currently under development for zc150 compatibility.

I understand now that what you are looking for is either a 150 compatible mod or a way to hack 150's code in order to be able to edit admin comments. I have no advice to offer other than taking a stroll through the plugins section and reviewing all the available mods which are compatible with ZC150.

Good luck and happy Zenning :)

Quote Originally Posted by gsdcypher View Post
    Thanks for the reply. No, as stated I want to edit admin comments not customer comments. Yes since Super Orders and Edit Orders currently do not allow editing of admin comments in v1.50, I was search for either 1) code that will allow them to or 2) another module that can do that in v1.50...
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

No worries. Appreciate the replies. No luck yet in finding either code or module that will edit comments in zc1.50 (made by the admin)... but still searching. Just posted in general hoping someone might say "oh yeah use this ...." :-) If I find anything or figure out how to do it, I will post it. Thanks again.