Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO .htaccess problem and broken Admin interface

Okay, I think you have two problems:

1. If your zencart is in the top level root domain, your htaccess would just be this:

RewriteBase /

But if you have your zencart in a subfolder (as yours appears to be?), it would be this:

RewriteBase /YOURSUBFOLDER/

So if your subfolder is 1index.php it would be;

RewriteBase/1index.php/

But that is wrong, for problem no. 2...

2. Your apparent subfolder - 1index.php - isn't a subfolder at all but a file of some kind. If you want your zencart to be in a subfolder, you will need to make an actual subfolder, calling it what you want your zencart to be: perhaps "store"? So your zencart would be in this subfolder and it's url would look something like this:

http://dowelldentalproducts.com/store

But why do you have the Magic Zoom stuff at your top level instead of your zencart store?

Below I copied a portion of my htaccess which I am using on a zencart in a sub-folder, one of my test sites.

##### NOTE: Replace /shop/ with the relative web path of your catalog in the "Rewrite Base" line below:

Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /zencart-demo/

PS: Later things you might look at is if you're going to use the www. in your urls or not. But you can get this resolved first.
    Last edited by SPH; 19 Aug 2012 at 06:24 PM.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

I guess it has to be resolved: exactly where is your Zencart?
    Steve
    prommart.com

selcyis Guest

Hello SPH!
    The 1index.php is just to hide the website till its fully develop. So when Im done fixing this issue it will just be dowelldentalproducts(dot)com, no subfolder or anything.

I will change the htacess to RewriteBase / and see what happens. When I install the addon I'm able to go to the website main page no problem, but when I click the navigation link it will switch to the HTML URL. EXAMPLE: dowelldentalproducts(dot)com/specials.html then it will give me a internal server error and have a blank page.

Also: the magic zoom stuff is just a test, I'm going to take it out of the root.

selcyis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    I guess it has to be resolved: exactly where is your Zencart?
    ZenCart is at the root in my web shall.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. While doing some work around the house it hit me that what you probably have is conflicting index.php problems between zencart and the magic zoom thing.
    Steve
    prommart.com

selcyis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    Thanks. While doing some work around the house it hit me that what you probably have is conflicting index.php problems between zencart and the magic zoom thing.
    Yeah, magic zoom isn't installed though.. it just sitting in my root or unless it's copy in my index.php file. Would you like my FTP info to see the issue?

Plugin Contributions

Here's a portion of an htaccess for one of my sites here - top-level - using Ultimate SEO URL:

http://www.promdressesforless.us/

##### NOTE: Replace /shop/ with the relative web path of your catalog in the "Rewrite Base" line below:

Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by selcyis View Post
    Yeah, magic zoom isn't installed though.. it just sitting in my root or unless it's copy in my index.php file. Would you like my FTP info to see the issue?
    While I hope and plan on getting into the zencart biz...on top of my retail thing...I'm not quite there yet so don't think having your FTP access is right just now. But I can imagine what you have. I doubt that your zencart will work at all...with or without Ultimate SEO...until the index.php magic zoom is resolved.

But once it is resolved, I expect everything will work.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

In my experience and testing, Ultimate SEO URL is a pretty easy plugin install and it works. Main problem area is getting the htaccess right, and I think the file itself is confusing:

We think that we should replace "shop" with our domain name or address, when in reality that is how you do it if zencart is in a subfolder. And then, it should just be the name of the subfolder zencart is in, not the full domain name or url.

It should be more clear that if zencart is in the top-level, it should just be:

RewriteBase /
    Steve
    prommart.com

selcyis Guest

What do you mean about the magic zoom? Is that in my index.php file?? Because i havent install it at all, it just sitting there. How about the two folder that come with the addon. New_files_150 and New_files_150_english? Do I install both folders even the one in the admin/includes/language/definition/etc seo.php file? Because there's 2 of those in the English and regular folder.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast