Thread: Zen Colorbox

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Colorbox

Quote Originally Posted by ideasgirl View Post
    I just installed it and when main image tries to open, it continues in a loop and doesn't open, on the other hand I can open additional images and I can browse from pic to pic but can't get main image to show. It will stay in a continues loop.

This is the error from the logs:
    Looks like the file includes/functions/extra_functions/zen_colorbox.php has not been placed or is incomplete based on the error message; however, that doesn't make sense as that portion of the code is only to be executed when the function exists.

The only real code that is affected by that is the main product image. Elsewhere, such as the additional images, if the function is not present then it displays images in other ways.

What is the code that exists at line 24? When incorporating the plugin into that file were "minor" characteristics ignored? Javascript code that is in this area tends to be "ignored" when minor changes/differences are ignored.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

What is the code that exists at line 24?
    PHP Code:
    document.write('<?php echo '<a href="' zen_colorbox($products_image_largeaddslashes($products_name), LARGE_IMAGE_WIDTHLARGE_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '" rel="' $rel '" class="' "nofollow" '" title="' addslashes($products_name) . '">' zen_image($products_image_mediumaddslashes($products_name), MEDIUM_IMAGE_WIDTHMEDIUM_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br /><span class="imgLink">' TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE '</span></a>'?>');
    When incorporating the plugin into that file were "minor" characteristics ignored?
    Not sure what you mean..

What I know is that this version was changed in the functions file and on this file. Also the thing is that the additional images come up without issue, only main image doesn't show up.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

PHP Code:
    document.write('<?php echo '<a href="' zen_colorbox($products_image_largeaddslashes($products_name), LARGE_IMAGE_WIDTHLARGE_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '" rel="' $rel '" class="' "nofollow" '" title="' addslashes($products_name) . '">' zen_image($products_image_mediumaddslashes($products_name), MEDIUM_IMAGE_WIDTHMEDIUM_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br /><span class="imgLink">' TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE '</span></a>'?>');

Not sure what you mean..

What I know is that this version was changed in the functions file and on this file. Also the thing is that the additional images come up without issue, only main image doesn't show up.
    What I meant was that some comparison tools allow ignoring what is considered minor edits or "comments" to be excluded when doing the comparison of old to new. Sometimes where javascript is involved, changed content will not display when minor edits are ignored.

I just loaded a large image to a ZC 1.5.5e new product to a store that has IH4 and this plugin zen colorbox, while it took a moment to load the main image, it did load, then would load on each time it was opened/closed and again opened.

If you would like to send me a link, maybe I could see something on the page. As to the error message, perhaps could paste the entire file here to see why the code permits entry into this section but then errors that the function verified present a few lines up is not right. Then also the zen_colorbox function found in includes/functions/extra_functions/zen_colorbox.php

Plugin Contributions

Info sent through PM.

I forgot to send you this as well:

Also forgot to mention that is messing up the square (border) of the picture, because it's supposed to be grey (not blue), and its misaligned. I thought that probably I would fix it after the issue is solved but probably is related to the issue.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Info sent through PM.

I forgot to send you this as well:

Also forgot to mention that is messing up the square (border) of the picture, because it's supposed to be grey (not blue), and its misaligned. I thought that probably I would fix it after the issue is solved but probably is related to the issue.
    There appears to be something wrong with the zen_colorbox function that is causing the image filename not to be returned, something similar to what was happening before. Would check to validate that the correct file has been uploaded.

As to the image "size", in the html, I don't see a size discrepancy. Would have to look around to see how the image is "appearing" as 50x50, but don't see anything obvious. On my device it takes the full screen when selecting the additional images.

Plugin Contributions

G'day all,
    After a lot of trial and error, I've finally setup this module (ver 2.1.1) into ZC 1.5.5, which seems to be working as it should...

I do have one issue that I can't figure out in that all the pictures (which ARE enclosed in the colorbox) are showing larger than the screen size. It could be the fact that the files are on the large size, but I would have thought they would be resized to suit the screen size.
    Am I missing something, or did I just do it wrong? (again...!)

Here's my problem page -> http://www.labelx.net/index.php?main...&products_id=2
    that will give a better idea of what I'm babbling about.

Thanks in advance :)
    John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Foster660 View Post
    G'day all,
    After a lot of trial and error, I've finally setup this module (ver 2.1.1) into ZC 1.5.5, which seems to be working as it should...

I do have one issue that I can't figure out in that all the pictures (which ARE enclosed in the colorbox) are showing larger than the screen size. It could be the fact that the files are on the large size, but I would have thought they would be resized to suit the screen size.
    Am I missing something, or did I just do it wrong? (again...!)

Here's my problem page -> http://www.labelx.net/index.php?main...&products_id=2
    that will give a better idea of what I'm babbling about.

Thanks in advance :)
    John
    Wouldn't say that you missed something specific to the plugin, perhaps could have some improvements to what is presented to the plugin and once provided accomplish additional display modifications by the below.

So sort of two things, the colorbox software can support resizing of an image with the following additional constraints which are also shown from the developer's page: http://www.jacklmoore.com/colorbox/
    Dimensions
    Parameter Default Val Description
    width false Set a fixed total width. This includes borders and buttons. Example: "100%", "500px", or 500
    height false Set a fixed total height. This includes borders and buttons. Example: "100%", "500px", or 500
    innerWidth false This is an alternative to 'width' used to set a fixed inner width. This excludes borders and buttons. Example: "50%", "500px", or 500
    innerHeight false This is an alternative to 'height' used to set a fixed inner height. This excludes borders and buttons. Example: "50%", "500px", or 500
    initialWidth 300 Set the initial width, prior to any content being loaded.
    initialHeight 100 Set the initial height, prior to any content being loaded.
    maxWidth false Set a maximum width for loaded content. Example: "100%", 500, "500px"
    maxHeight false Set a maximum height for loaded content. Example: "100%", 500, "500px"
    One or more of the above can be set/added in includes/classes/zen_colorbox/options.php
    The values in the second "column" (Default Val) represent the default value that is used by the code when no assignment is provided.

The current implementation of the software in this plugin offers only the initialWidth/initialHeight settings from the admin.

When I said that there are two things, well, the second is that even without assigning a final/designated maxWidth or maxHeight, the image as compared to either earlier versions of the additional software or earlier versions on a mobile device is that it seems that the image no longer needs to be "chased" while trying to see the image better.

As to why the other options have not been incorporated directly, well there are a few excuses and a few suggested "reasons". I know that one thing is that as you said you're using the actual large sized image which has not been resized say as is done with Image Handler 4 where it will downsize an image to fit within a desired size or by use of the settings in the above table, but another aspect of consideration is how the software/image will respond to attempts by the end user to resize the image after display within the window at a size amenable to the device. Ie. will the image again be resized to fit the knew "view" or will it allow zooming in to really see a larger image?

The goal of the larger image is to be able to see the detail better than as originally presented. Continuously "downsizing" the image to the screen display makes this less than useful if unable to "zoom in" to see that detail. Yes, at the same time making the image unviewable because of its tremendous dimensions also has a negative impact on the user experience. The jquery operation of the colorbox code offers a balance to/with that, but also do other utilities that will push a more appropriate size (potentially less data and therefore faster operation than the recipient's processor making adjustments). Ie. Presenting a downsized image to the device provides this reduction in data and increased speed.

I will look into adding some of the above as features for the plugin, to increase its out-of-the-box versatility. Of course with added features comes the need for additional support.

Plugin Contributions

My thanks for your help, that's exactly what I was trying to achieve...
    I was working the code in this area, but not knowing the extra settings, I couldn't figure it out.

Here's the solution I used in the code by adding the 'maxHeight' value -

Code:
    echo 
    'opacity:' . ZEN_COLORBOX_OVERLAY_OPACITY .
    ',maxHeight:' . '850' . 
    ',speed:' . ZEN_COLORBOX_RESIZE_DURATION .
    ',initialWidth:' . ZEN_COLORBOX_INITIAL_WIDTH . 
    ',initialHeight:' . ZEN_COLORBOX_INITIAL_HEIGHT . 
    ',overlayClose:' . ZEN_COLORBOX_CLOSE_OVERLAY .
    ',loop:' . ZEN_COLORBOX_LOOP;
    if (ZEN_COLORBOX_SLIDESHOW == 'true')
    {
    Strangely though, if I tried a % value, colorbox stopped working and went straight to a full screen.

What I'm trying to do is use an oversized image which gets re-sized for viewing. With setting maximum height limits (in my case, 850), all the pictures will be processed and shown at the same 'level' on the screen. It seems to me a cleaner way to view the images when they all show at one height.
    An obvious glitch for this idea is when a picture is under 850 in height, the colorbox will show it in a smaller box size, but I can live with that :)

With the multitudes of screen sizes and devices around now, it's close to impossible to cater for everything. What I've put in here is perfect for MY screen and I can only assume that it would be OK for others.
    Maybe another idea could be to add a set of radio buttons for small, medium and large in the colorbox area to allow customers to resize as they need. Depending on what's selected, it could change the value of maxheight as they view...

Again, my thanks - that's what I was trying to do :)
    John

Plugin Contributions

While I can't say that I have specifically tried it, but the referenced instructions seem to indicate that if you set specific dimensional settings that it would also increase the image size to fit (causing that smaller than 500 in height image to expand). But regardless, understand that such zoom also has the potential of degrading the quality of the image.

Again though I would also recommend Image Handler 4 to support some of what you're trying to do with providing uniformly sized images that are each sized on the server's side to download to the visitor using just the data associated with that image which would be "sized right" based on the initial settings.

As to the "resize" feature, that's a curious feature indeed. Wondering how hard it would be to associate a slider instead of a discrete button... though likely to be done in "steps". :)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the suggestion of the image handler... I've downloaded it, so I'll read through everything and try it out :)

I prefer not to enlarge the smaller images (in the concept of this thread) because of what you pointed out where the image will lose 'quality'. I'd prefer resizing colorbox to suit smaller images. For my particular case, I've also re-sized the images on the server - as you pointed out, they WERE a little big! :)

A slider would be a good concept - I like that idea better than radio buttons... I'm just tossing a suggestion out with no concept of what can or can't be done - my PHP coding skills are pretty much non-existent, so I wouldn't even know if that sort of thing is possible. (I'm full of ideas - 95% of them are rubbish! LOL)

Thanks again, John

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast