Thread: Zen Colorbox

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Colorbox

Thank you.
    My apologies, I forgot to thank YOU for maintaining this mod and taking the time to wade through all those posts about responsive stuff.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    My apologies, I forgot to thank YOU for maintaining this mod and taking the time to wade through all those posts about responsive stuff.
    Speaking of, though admin/includes/installers/zen_colorbox/2_1_3.php is not specifically necessary at the moment, care to take a look and provide feedback on the changes made thus far in the 2.1.3 branch: https://github.com/mc12345678/zen-colorbox/tree/v2.1.3

I realize there may still be some "debate" to be had about the responsive response to screen size adjustment. The previous method remains available (requires code change at the moment). I'd be interested in suggestion of way forward: either admin switch or some level of code change by the end user. Ideally whatever seems to be "easiest" with understanding that more than likely once selected it would remain as it is until some level of upgrade (which potentially could be an issue for upgrades of the plugin and having to merge in those changes...)

I am thinking that the responsive portion of code that is outside of the base javascript likely should be kept in a separate file to make that aspect of upgrade improved so that the base code would be modified as/if updated and the individual modifications to support say the above discussion kept separate.

Anyways, more perspectives support finding a generally common ground.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

zc 1.5.5e live site, 1.5.5f test site. Responsive Sheffield Blue 2.0, many other mods. Php 5.6 live site, Php 7.1 and also 5.6 on wamptest site.

I installed the most recent update of Zen Colorbox on my test site with no hiccups. I uninstalled earlier version that was merged into the RSB template, and removed the code from the template installer file that auto set up Colorbox (which has always worked for me as display in this template, except the admin/config options don't function). The updated install was flawless and everything works. I also installed on a second test site which was a clean zc 1.5.5f install with only clone template set up. Also flawless.

I tried to replicate on live site and made a mess! Using the admin/tools/sql box I copied in the install sql for zc5 and it froze my site front end, back end, and my access to my cpanel. It all came back on after about 20 minutes. So I tried again, this time copying the install sql into phpMyAdmin.

This line from the query was highlighted as an error (unexpected syntax near ?)

Code:
    'Zen Colorbox (Update Check)', 'ZEN_COLORBOX_PLUGIN_CHECK', <?php echo SHOW_VERSION_UPDATE_IN_HEADER; ?>, 'Allow version checking if Zen Cart version checking enabled<br/><br/>If false, no version checking performed.<br/>If true, then only if Zen Cart version checking is on:', @cgi, 20, NOW(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''), '),
    I tried removing that line from the query and the rest installed. However the mod doesn't work. The config menu doesn't show up and the store images show up in pop up boxes and at a very slow speed. Thankfully I backed up my database and my files beforehand so I bailed.

Apologies for the long winded lead up to my question:

Is there a particular php setting that needs to be enabled for that phrase to be accepted. Or anything else spring to mind? (Some of my mods are older besides the template, but I see this phrase is also in the 1.3 sql install file).

Plugin Contributions

While there is an error in the problem line that was removed from the sql (see the last couple of pages where a suggested resolution was proposed and later incorporated into the above github version about which I'm waiting to hear back from anyone on).

I don't see (or perhaps understand) why the auto-installer was not used and instead a manual query was executed.

Add to this, would suggest that the uninstall query (found in YOUR_ADMIN/includes/installers/zen_colorbox) be executed at least twice based on the menu not appearing in the configurations section.

If going to execute the manual install from within phpMyAdmin, then I would suggest replacing
    Code:
    <?php echo SHOW_VERSION_UPDATE_IN_HEADER; ?>
    With:
    Code:
    'true'
    This line also should not be executed by itself because it also includes a data reference to insert the configuration key in the colorbox configuration menu. Running by itself without first collecting that piece of data will associate it to a configuration menu having a gID=0 in the uri.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    I don't see (or perhaps understand) why the auto-installer was not used and instead a manual query was executed.

Add to this, would suggest that the uninstall query (found in YOUR_ADMIN/includes/installers/zen_colorbox) be executed at least twice based on the menu not appearing in the configurations section.

If going to execute the manual install from within phpMyAdmin, then I would suggest replacing
    Code:
    <?php echo SHOW_VERSION_UPDATE_IN_HEADER; ?>
    With:
    Code:
    'true'
    This line also should not be executed by itself because it also includes a data reference to insert the configuration key in the colorbox configuration menu. Running by itself without first collecting that piece of data will associate it to a configuration menu having a gID=0 in the uri.
    Thanks very much. My first problem, probably, was that I misread the install info - I thought I needed to put in the sql statement to allow the auto-install to work. Which sounds really dumb now that I type it! I'll give your suggestions a go on a clean test install. I'm sure my live site is a little more challenging because old version Colorbox is incorporated throughout the template.

Plugin Contributions

Add to this, would suggest that the uninstall query (found in YOUR_ADMIN/includes/installers/zen_colorbox) be executed at least twice based on the menu not appearing in the configurations section...
    Just to confirm - you were quite right that running the sql install on top of the auto install appears to have been the culprit. I haven't gone live with the update yet but tried on test site 3 times, each successful:
    1. run uninstall twice. Check phpMyAdmin to make sure old tables are gone.
    2. load the new file set
    3. go into admin panel - shows Zen Colorbox loaded. Refresh screen to get config menu to appear.

And because base template is Responsive Sheffield Blue 2.0 - edit out the old version Colorbox install code in admin/includes/installers/RSB/2.0, and load this revised file along with the Zen Colorbox files.

Thanks for your help mc12345678

Plugin Contributions

Good to hear.

If you used the 3.1.2 fileset referenced above, could you try something while a colorbox image is displayed? Attempt to resize the window (on whatever device) and/or attempt to zoom in.

What I saw happening on desktop was that everything resized by width of the window. On alternate devices (tablet and mobile) resizing only occurred if a zoom was performed and then the orientation was changed. Both of these were intentional in this way. Looking for feedback on expectation versus operation.

Resizing based on change to next image occurs such that when selecting the next/previous image the colorbox was resized to fit the width of the current view such that a tall vertical image may extend above/below the current screen dimension if vertically short in view. This is different than previous where the colorbox was proportionally sized to fit within the maximum of 95% of either the height or width, whichever was smaller.

Plugin Contributions

Having a small annoyance with current install of this plugin on a fresh Zencart 1.55f. Larger images pop up just fine on a desktop-sized viewport, but overflows when shown on smaller mobile viewport.
    Good:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MobileViewportGood.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	17657

Bad:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MobileViewportBad.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	17658

Any ideas?
    Last edited by tditty; 26 Jan 2018 at 04:50 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tditty View Post
    Having a small annoyance with current install of this plugin on a fresh Zencart 1.55f. Larger images pop up just fine on a desktop-sized viewport, but overflows when shown on smaller mobile viewport.
    Any ideas?
    Please take the time to review recent posts, preferably as far back as when a plugin was last issued to see if an issue has already been addressed, identified, or corrected.

The post that identified a solution to this issue was: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....21#post1339321 which is a couple of "pages" back, but even in the last post a discussion is had about a solution that may apply. That said, welcome (back?) to ZC. I believe implementing either the upgrade or applying the code that was basically accidentally omitted will resolve the issue described. The question becomes does it resolve it the desired way?

Plugin Contributions

Good to hear.

If you used the 3.1.2 fileset referenced above, could you try something while a colorbox image is displayed? Attempt to resize the window (on whatever device) and/or attempt to zoom in.

What I saw happening on desktop was that everything resized by width of the window. On alternate devices (tablet and mobile) resizing only occurred if a zoom was performed and then the orientation was changed. Both of these were intentional in this way. Looking for feedback on expectation versus operation.

Resizing based on change to next image occurs such that when selecting the next/previous image the colorbox was resized to fit the width of the current view such that a tall vertical image may extend above/below the current screen dimension if vertically short in view. This is different than previous where the colorbox was proportionally sized to fit within the maximum of 95% of either the height or width, whichever was smaller.
    The most recent Colorbox is so far only on my test site, with zc1.5.5f and Responsive Sheffield Blue 2.0. I have a few different sizes of desk top monitors and on all the image box is width set with height adjusted to fit, even when I drag the page from one monitor onto another.

One small thing I notice - there is some 'start' or 'stop slideshow' text bottom left of the lightbox, near the left/right arrows. The text is cropped off along the bottom, though clicking it does start or strop a slideshow. My site is highly modified so that may be result of some other css change I made in the past (?).

My livesite is previous version (no version shows but was part of RSB template which is several years old). Desk top works as above although config settings have never properly worked (IMO) - for instance no slide show. When looking at the site on my iPad or iPhone the image boxes resize seemingly by width and height both, remaining in correct proportion according to the image. Rotating the screen leads to a distorted screen view that is larger than the screen itself and the photo uncentered and partially offscreen. The image box does, however, resize itself to fit the new display orientation. In some cases the resulting image may be cropped or off center. Other than changing orientation mid-view the lightbox behaves in both portrait and landscape orientation for me. I don't have zoom on the livesite - I actually removed the files - even when turned off they were generating errors.

When I upload zc 1.5.5f which includes the new Colorbox and IH5 I'll put it through its paces and feedback further.

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast