Thread: Zen Colorbox

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
Results 301 to 305 of 305
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    938
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Zen Colorbox

    Whenever I've had an issue with an action taking two clicks for it to work, that has usually pointed to a javascript problem. Sometimes it is the order in which the various script files are loaded, I troubleshoot this by selectively disabling scripts one-by-one.

    In your case I think it might be due to your having two versions of jquery loaded -

    /includes/templates/responsive_classic/jscript/jscript_a_jquery.js
    /includes/templates/responsive_classic/jscript/jscript_jquery-1.12.4.min.js

    I stand to be corrected but I don't think you should be loading both of these.
    Simon

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    938
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Zen Colorbox

    Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Whenever I've had an issue with an action taking two clicks for it to work, that has usually pointed to a javascript problem. Sometimes it is the order in which the various script files are loaded, I troubleshoot this by selectively disabling scripts one-by-one.

    In your case I think it might be due to your having two versions of jquery loaded -

    /includes/templates/responsive_classic/jscript/jscript_a_jquery.js
    /includes/templates/responsive_classic/jscript/jscript_jquery-1.12.4.min.js

    I stand to be corrected but I don't think you should be loading both of these.
    Looking at it again the jscript_a_jquery.js seems to be a customised version of jquery so that may be needed, but I forgot to mention the Google loaded jquery version of /ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js, so it does seem that you have v3.4.1 and v1.12.4 loaded at the same time.

    Getting a bit beyond my pay grade so hopefully someone can confirm this.
    Simon

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    400
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: Zen Colorbox

    Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Looking at it again the jscript_a_jquery.js seems to be a customised version of jquery so that may be needed, but I forgot to mention the Google loaded jquery version of /ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js, so it does seem that you have v3.4.1 and v1.12.4 loaded at the same time.

    Getting a bit beyond my pay grade so hopefully someone can confirm this.
    Thank you for looking into it. I hadn't noticed I had two version of the same thing.

    I don't know much about this at all, so I tested it out.

    The google one I know is for the bootstrap functionality on the products pages. I assume because it's the newest version that's the one that should stay(?) (in theory at least...).

    So I went ahead and removed the 1.12.4 first and then the google one, and unfortunately nothing changed. I tried in chrome and to my surprise no matter if both, one or the other are installed, the popup doesn't work at all.

    Maybe I'm using this the wrong way?....

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,037
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Zen Colorbox

    So, something isn't loaded/installed correctly.

    Looking at the code sequence of the generated page as compared to the downloaded version of 2.1.2, the GitHub instance of 2.1.2 and the proposed 2.1.3, the includes/modules/pages/product_info/jscript_zen_colorbox.php file has this basic sequence:
    load the jquery.colorbox-min.js file
    then load the colorbox options, preventing loading of the productMainImageReview image on the main reviews page.
    then basically load the link that is to be available.

    For some reason on this site, that set of "code" happens after an earlier script load that "attempts" to establish a link to be clicked on as if the display_js_link code was called before the colorbox has been initiated and then also the display_link code is called as well... I don't know how/why the display_js_link code was called, how/why it was to be displayed before the colorbox was initiated and/or directly associated with the object to which action was to be taken.

    Basically, the JScript file(s) have been modified away from the default and not in a sequence supporting operation. There may be other JavaScript/jquery issues, but to also add discussion about jquery-1.12.4.min.js, it is set to load *if* jQuery hasn't been loaded, so it should not be in the work space nor have any impact if loaded after the Zen Cart's normal version of jQuery or anything that has already defined jQuery.

    In short, I am not seeing that version 2.1.2 is actually installed and don't know what has been modified from that installation to give the layout/configuration currently on the site...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    400
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: Zen Colorbox

    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So, something isn't loaded/installed correctly.

    Looking at the code sequence of the generated page as compared to the downloaded version of 2.1.2, the GitHub instance of 2.1.2 and the proposed 2.1.3, the includes/modules/pages/product_info/jscript_zen_colorbox.php file has this basic sequence:
    load the jquery.colorbox-min.js file
    then load the colorbox options, preventing loading of the productMainImageReview image on the main reviews page.
    then basically load the link that is to be available.

    For some reason on this site, that set of "code" happens after an earlier script load that "attempts" to establish a link to be clicked on as if the display_js_link code was called before the colorbox has been initiated and then also the display_link code is called as well... I don't know how/why the display_js_link code was called, how/why it was to be displayed before the colorbox was initiated and/or directly associated with the object to which action was to be taken.

    Basically, the JScript file(s) have been modified away from the default and not in a sequence supporting operation. There may be other JavaScript/jquery issues, but to also add discussion about jquery-1.12.4.min.js, it is set to load *if* jQuery hasn't been loaded, so it should not be in the work space nor have any impact if loaded after the Zen Cart's normal version of jQuery or anything that has already defined jQuery.

    In short, I am not seeing that version 2.1.2 is actually installed and don't know what has been modified from that installation to give the layout/configuration currently on the site...
    Thank you for the reply. Colorbox 2.1.2 is actually installed, otherwise product images wouldn't work, and they work just fine without any issue at all.

    I downloaded the plugin again, just a while ago and compared every file again just to make sure. With the exception of one file all the others are exactly the same as the ones I just downloaded. The only file I modified was the tpl_modules_main_product_image.php and added a "forward" statement to the first span class
    HTML Code:
    <span class="imgLink forward">
    so the text link which I replaced with a small image, would align to the right.

    The issue I'm having isn't actually with the product images, but with a popup window I'm trying colorbox to open up, and surely doing it the wrong way.

    In the product pages https://www.byvalenti.com/index.php?...products_id=43 I added a banner group, which sits at the top of the product title. In the banner manager html area I added the following code, with the intention for it to open the popup window of the coupon page containing the information of the coupon.

    PHP Code:
    <a href="javascript:couponpopupWindow('index.php?main_page=popup_coupon_help&cID=32')"><img src="images/banners/promoproduct6.jpg"></a
    The first time the banner is clicked it opens a blank window, it's the second time the banner is clicked that actually loads the popup at least for mozilla. On chrome won't load for me at all.

    I guess my question at this point is, how can I use colorbox to properly load this coupon popup window? What am I doing wrong?...

 

 
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Similar Threads

  1. v155 Attribute image swapped for main image using Colorbox
    By soxophoneplayer in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2 Jun 2016, 02:34 PM
  2. Trying to fix inline code with colorbox...
    By toomanyknots in forum General Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5 Apr 2015, 04:26 PM
  3. IH and Zen Colorbox vs Zen Lightbox?
    By Feznizzle in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28 Jan 2015, 02:29 AM
  4. Lightbox OR Colorbox
    By Rizla in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2 May 2014, 11:55 AM
  5. LightBox, SlimBox, ColorBox, which one is better?
    By waterbender in forum General Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13 Aug 2013, 07:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR