Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Digital product's image, name and price disappear after successful payment

Hi Zenners,

My online store sells only digital products. All the quantity fields of the digital products are set in the following manner:

Product Qty Mininum: 1
    Product Qty Maximum: 0
    Product Qty Units: 1
    Product Qty Min/Unit Mix: Yes

After making a test purchase on one of the digital products, the product’s image, name and price were removed from the product page. This means that this particular product cannot be seen at all on the webpage anymore.

Upon checking the CATEGORIES/PRODUCTS of the catalog in the admin area, the status of the purchased digital product had turned to red. I have to reset it to green before I could see the normal display of image, name and price of the said product again.

Is it correct to set the quantity to zero for digital products? What figure should be entered to the quantity field for a digital product? What setting or configuration should be done to solve this problem?

Thanks for sharing your experience and the solutions to this problem.
    Last edited by CSPEN; 21 May 2012 at 04:02 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Digital product's image, name and price disappear after successful payment

Please ignore this para "Is it correct to set the quantity to zero for digital products? What figure should be entered to the quantity field for a digital product? What setting or configuration should be done to solve this problem?"

Is the following settings correct for digital products?

Product Qty Mininum: 1
    Product Qty Maximum: 0
    Product Qty Units: 1
    Product Qty Min/Unit Mix: Yes

If not, what should be the correct settings.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Digital product's image, name and price disappear after successful payment

Set the quantity to 5, so you don't get low order emails and that there is a quantity in the Downloads ... the Downloads do not track stock, but this will keep it from being set as Sold Out ...

NOTE: Be sure to check your Attributes on the Product and that you see the green dot on the filename of the Attribute ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ajeh for the quick response.

Which of the quantity should be set to 5, please? Thanks.

Yes, the green dot on the filename is showing in the Attributes.
    Last edited by CSPEN; 21 May 2012 at 04:25 PM.

Plugin Contributions

The Product Quantity for the Product that you have the Download on ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ajeh.

Plugin Contributions

I have set the Product Qty Units to 5 to another digital product. But when I test purchase it, the quantity in the Add To Cart shows 5 instead of 1. So it looks like this is not the answer to my issue. Anyone can help on this, please?

Plugin Contributions

Take two ... set the Product Qty Units: to 1 ...

Set the Product Quantity: to 5 ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I would set the "Product Qty Maximum:" to 1 too. That would prevent the customer from purchasing more than 1 of the downloadable product. It does happen once in a while that customer either forgets or clicks the add to cart button more than once and gets charged for 2 downloadable product.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Decostyle,

When I set the Product Qty Max: to 1 and select the digital product, the "Add to Cart" text and the box disappear. The Add to Cart image, however, remains.

When I proceed to make payment, the product's image, name and description disappears and the status changed to RED.

Apparently, my original issue as described above remains unsolved.

As to Ajeh's reply "Take two ... set the Product Qty Units: to 1 ...

Set the Product Quantity: to 5 ... ", sorry I don't quite get the meaning especially Product Quantity: to 5. Are you referring to the minimum or maximum?

Other zenners who sell digital products encounter such a problem?
    Last edited by CSPEN; 21 May 2012 at 05:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast