Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Need to have 1 option value used in all dropdown options

I am working on setting up option values and names.

For example i need this....

Bottom Front: (this is the heading where i use the dropdown menus.

I need the first option to be: Select Item From Below

Then below that:
    Item01 +5.00
    ITem02 +10.00
    item03 +20.00

Ok i get those. BUT I have to create a new "Select Item From Below" For every new Option Name.

What i want to do is have the "Select Item From Below" as just 1 Option value that i can pull into each Option name instead of having potentially hundreds of "Select Item From Below" Listed in the values section.

Now how do i accomplish making this particular thing Global.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need to have 1 option value used in all dropdown options

Do all Products that need the new Option Value have an existing Option Value for:
    Item01
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Do all Products that need the new Option Value have an existing Option Value for:
    Item01

I don't understand your question.

What my problem is, is that i'll have 5 dropdowns on a item for sale. Each dropdown will need a Please Select From Below selection which will be default in each dropdown. No value assigned to it.

The "Select From Below" will be at the top of the dropdown list as a zero function, so that the price field in the item cart will be zero. Then when i select item01, it will update the price in the total.

What i am needing is the option value "Please Select From Below" to be one that i can use over and over in all drop downs without creating a separate "Please Select From Below" for each option name.

What is happening is I am ending up having to create many of those in option values for each individual option name. What i am trying to do is since it has a null value and is only a placeholder, is to use it as a single value that is shared across all option names

Plugin Contributions

The OP wants this one option value to be available to many different option names, without creating a new value each time. It is not apparently related to individual products (unless the OP thinks they have to create a new option name for each product).

Plugin Contributions

The idea is if an existing Option Value exists on All Products that have the Option Name, then there is a way to add a new Option Value to all of them ...

So, if you have 5 Option Names you need the new Option Value added to, I am asking if ALL existing Products with the Option Name ALL have a common Option Value on them ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

You say each product may have five dropdowns (option names)... will each product need its own set of option names? Or will a smaller number of option names be reused in different products? (How many option names will you really need to create?)

Assigning a single option value to different option names would require some fundamental restructuring of the database and its access.

Plugin Contributions

Uhm i have to create new option names in the store item to update the price dynamically. Each option name is a "embellishment' or added part to the original item for sale.

I just was looking to see if the "select from below" could be just a null value that can be used in any option name without having to duplicate it for each option name

Plugin Contributions

No ... you need a separate Select from Below (or what ever text works best) as an Option Value for each Option Name ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

So every product has different *kinds* of embellishments? (Not just different sets of values?) I'm not sure you really need new option names for every product. You can have an option name like Font with a hundred values, and each product may have only a dozen of those values. They can all use the same option name to start from. It might be easier to advise if we could see your site and the different products.

Plugin Contributions

When you assign the same option name and value to a new product, it can have its own price not related to the price for the same option name/value for another product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast