Plugin Contributions

Default System Setup Required

Hi, In the spring I launched a zen cart site for a friend using netfirms as a host.

After 4 months we now get the below page when you go to his site http://www.simplyguitars.ca/shop

Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart™.
    You are seeing this page for one or more reasons:

This is your first time using Zen Cart™ and you haven't yet completed the normal Installation procedure.
    If this is the case for you, you will need to upload the "zc_install" folder using your FTP program, and then run zc_install/index.php via your browser (or reload this page to see a link to it).

Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.
    See the Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart™ website for assistance.
    Additional Details: includes/configure.php file contents invalid. ie: DIR_FS_CATALOG not valid or not set

To begin installation ...

The Installation Documentation can be read by clicking here: Documentation
    You will need to upload the "zc_install" folder using your FTP program, and then run zc_install/index.php via your browser (or reload this page to see a link to it).
    The Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart™ website will also be of value if you run into difficulties.

This is the server set up

Platform Type:
    Debian
    MySQL Version:
    5.0.91-log
    Perl Version:
    PHP Version:

I have compared the config files from the server with the ones on my computer and they appear to be the same. Any ideas on why this has occured and the best course of action would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: System Setup Required

OK. So when I posted that question, some suggestions came up and I was able to figure it out. Thanks Dave.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: System Setup Required

Quote Originally Posted by colourcanada View Post
    OK. So when I posted that question, some suggestions came up and I was able to figure it out. Thanks Dave.
    Hi Dave

I suddenly have this problem too, what did you do to solve it? I've had mine running for the last two months fine since moving to a new server and now it's showing the same page and won't let me access Zen Admin either. Thanks. Jen