Plugin Contributions

Default Best Place For Multi-Site module Support?

Is this forum the best place to go for Zen Cart support, or is there perhaps a paid support program somewhere.

I ask because I have been trying feverishly to get the Multi-Site module working on v5.1 and the directions are less than favorable for a Zen Cart Novice like me.

I posted a VERY LONG post at http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Thread/page155 listing ALL my installation questions. I thought this post might help to clear up the directions and help others, but have yet to receive a response.

Having come from Miva Merchant (where my live store is still hosted) and holding a $1000 license with a $300 per year upgrade fee, I am LOVING Zen Cart and very impressed with all its features. BUT... I do need help with this, it is VERY important to me.

Any Thoughts?

Peace

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Best Place For Multi-Site module Support?

There's no paid support I'm aware of, short of finding someone at oDesk (www.zen-cart.com/helpwanted)

Part of the problem you're having is the fact that very few Zenners use that mod, and you'd need one of them to take the time to walk you through all the questions you've asked.

Since that mod has an admin function, it's possible that it won't work with version 1.5.0 until it's updated.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Stevesh,

Interesting, I was under the impression that this mod was more popular.

Colleen from gswebs.net has offered to give me a hand via email.

If it doesn't work out for me using v1.5.0, I may have to downgrade my Zen Cart version.

I REALLY NEED THIS MOD. My whole business plan is based around it.

Peace Bro, and thanks for the reply.

Plugin Contributions

The v0.4.2 version of the mod says it's been downloaded 739 times. My guess would be it's been installed and used maybe one tenth of that number. The latest version claims to have been downloaded 10,394 times, which is ridiculous. That mod is rarely used.

Most of us who manage multiple sites just install multiple instances of Zencart and deal with the hassle of managing multiple admins. YMMV.

If you give us an idea of exactly what you're trying to accomplish, we might have more cogent suggestions.

'Downgrading' (basically re-installing the older version) to 1.3.9h shouldn't cause any security problems if it turns out that's what you need to do.
    Last edited by stevesh; 24 May 2012 at 08:06 PM.