Plugin Contributions

Default Need To Clear Store History

i am about to sell my zencart store and was wondering if there is an easy way to delete all records of sales, customers, orders etc. from the admin panel

i want to leave the store intact as far as the pages and product listings but eliminate all records of sales and past customers. is this something that can be easily done?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need To Clear Store History

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...68#post1120668

this worked for me 6000 odd orders and loads customers site still has all products etc

backup first

bn

Plugin Contributions

In a bricks and mortar store they pay for the goodwill and the existing customers.

I would have thought that part of your website sale would be the existing customer database?

Quote Originally Posted by gilby View Post
    In a bricks and mortar store they pay for the goodwill and the existing customers.

I would have thought that part of your website sale would be the existing customer database?
    Agree with this. The ONLY way your plan would be acceptable would be if all the data is test data. If it's actual customer data, then that's a huge problem for the new owner.

How is the new owner supposed to provide service to existing customers without that customer's history? What if a customer comes back with a question about a previous order or needs to make an exchange or has a question about their account?

Not only is this a HUGE disservice to your customers who will lose all their history and have to create a new account at a store they already shop at, but is also a huge disservice to the person buying the store. You have an obligation as the seller to inform the purchaser of your intent to get rid of all the store's history - customer data and all - BEFORE the money changes hands.
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

That is what I love (not) about this forum. Someone asks a legitimate question on how to do something, And probably has a real need to do it, Then gets the input from people who don't want to answer the question but just give reasons why it should not be done.

Why do people bother replying to a question if they are not prepared to help?

As it happens I have the same need so did you manage to sort this in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Congerman View Post
    That is what I love (not) about this forum. Someone asks a legitimate question on how to do something, And probably has a real need to do it, Then gets the input from people who don't want to answer the question but just give reasons why it should not be done.

Why do people bother replying to a question if they are not prepared to help?

As it happens I have the same need so did you manage to sort this in the end?
    This question was already answered in post #2 before gilby and I chimed in, leaving only the options of 1) ignoring the post or 2) providing input of a cautionary nature. It is excessively (and sadly) common that users delete first and ask questions later, only to find their actions cannot be undone.

There is nothing at all wrong with experienced users to point out pitfalls that new zenners may not have thought of or even be aware of....as a matter of fact, I believe the onus is on experienced users to chime in on an action that may be a mistake on the part of a new user and provide them with the benefit of their experience. Experienced users did this for me when I was a noob and it saved me countless hours of trouble and I am grateful - therefore I pay it forward.

I'm sorry that you find it so offensive that you have to write a slam post on the topic. Perhaps if you had not been so busy overreacting, you would have seen the answer in post #2 and would not have had to reply at all.

Warning: Read the entire thread linked in post #2 before taking any action.
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary