help question Multiple Attribute Catagories within One Product--Selection Issue

I have been adding products to my store and have many attributes (256 total ) divided up into several collections for pricing and ease of identifying as well as making it easier for me to keep things straight, an example of which can be found here: http://biz117.inmotionhosting.com/~a...9aa7e160ef1514

My issue is that, despite the attributes all being in different collection groups, I only want to allow one single attribute from the entire list to be selected at any one time. This is no problem within a single collection with the tick selection method used. But, I am trying to figure out how to allow only a single selection to be made period so that a customer does not select options from one collection and then an option from another collection on top of that one. The only way I can come up with--since I am in no way a programmer--is to move all of the collections into a single large collection and rename everything so that the collections can be distinguished. As you can imagine, this would be very time consuming as it took almost a week for me to get everything input and set up.

Is there any way to program the attributes so that, despite the individual categories, only a single option can be selected?

Thank you very much in advance for any suggestion you may be able to provide.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Multiple Attribute Catagories within One Product--Selection Issue

"Hey plz let me know if any solutions for this issue............!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by mittz; 13 Jun 2012 at 11:57 AM.

Default Re: Multiple Attribute Catagories within One Product--Selection Issue

unfortunately, I found no help for the issue and ended up manually migrating the arrtibutes into a singe catagory. About four days to do it.
    Scott
    AnkleBiter Woodworks
    http://www.anklebiterwoodworks.com