Thread: Email Problem

Plugin Contributions

Default Email Problem

I've spent a lot of time looking at the different threads with email problems, and I think that I have my emails set up correctly. Here's the problem, and let's just keep it to the "sent email" function. I started with the default PHP setting and I would intermittently receive emails that I send to my comcast email account. I get the "same" intermittent result using sendmail. Neither SMTP or SMTPAUTH work at all (error displayed is "could not connect to SMTP host").
    I installed the Email Archive Manager, and it shows that all the emails are sent *** even if I'm using SMTP which give me an error message ***. So, as you might guess I don't know what to do from here. This is that "last" thing that I know of to have working before I take the store live.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Problem

I have this same problem using php mail. Its hosted by godaddy and of course they say its a scripting problem even though it has worked for years. The problem is at times it becomes intermittent and can last for days or weeks. Then it will magically starts working. In my case, the PHP mail is sent to a godaddy mail server of the same domain and the emails fail to arrive at the mail server.
    I guess my question is what can cause the PHP mail function to become intermittent. By intermittent I mean about 20-30 percent of emails are never sent.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Problem

V1.5.1
    I'm having the same problem except I am using a free host, (anyone please PM me with your host please), anyways, it's intermittent sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Don't know if it's my server or something else. I haven't changed anything, it just starts working again. Also when it does send the e-mail out, it sends out a link but its to the order page and not to the admin page. Any way to change that link?