Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Moved site and now have BIG ISSUES

v.1.3.9h
    Hi - I just moved one site to another host resulting in a variety of issues. Additionally I moved another site within that hosting account which was already there and it too is playing up. (have been at it for 29 hours with 3 hours sleep so am getting narky )

Firstly I cannot find the FAQ Article about steps to do when moving a site - both links in FAQ troubleshooting in article about "1146 database does not exist .......... etc etc only take you to the ZenCart home page - path should be ......./article=100 but it doesn't work.

I really want to read that article in detail as I am having issues so any help with another working link to the same article would be appreciated.

I cannot get into my admin on either site using domain/admin/login.php as I always have and the sites will not load (one is blank, the other has a blank coloured page and an error box stating error: DIV "fadeshow1" cannot be found on the page - clicking on OK just leaves then a blank page .... it is actually loaded on the main page via pages editor (?) in Admin/Tools by inserting j.s and worked well, on both sites, so if I could get into admin I could likely fix that

I originally had issues of "1146 database does not exist but eventually sorted out the database strings so that the ERROR I get now is, "ERROR: admin/includes/configure.php file not found. Suggest running zc_install/index.php?" that is on one site, the one just moved from an Australian Host to GoDaddy in the U.S. ......... the other site was already at GoDaddy but I moved it to be the PRIMARY "root" domain within my hosting account and now after hors of fiddling and getting all sorts of error messages including 1146 I now have the Welcome to Zencart page load up saying either configs are wrong or welcome to a new installation.

I know in both cases the admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php have all the correct strings but it still wants to tell me that admin/includes/configure.php doesn't exist (technically it doesn't as it is myadminname/includes/configure.php buy "myadminname" is nominated in the strings as the "admin" folder. This is the same for both sites but one actually loads the welcome page whilst the other is a simple text message as per above.

IF I reload ZenCart via another install, indicating that it is an upgrade albeit technically it is not but that should stop the database from being wiped out ... yes/no? ..... then what effects will it have on all the zencart plugins and features I currently have on the site??? will a re-load simply overwrite wrong configuration files or all Zencart files?

I am getting desperate as with both sites down I am losing income

QUESTION ....... is there supposed to be a configure.php file in the main admin directory (folder) as admin/configure.php ?? Both my sites have them there and they are exact duplicates of admin/includes/configure.php. Is this OK or have I made an error?

any help is appreciated.

cheers,
    Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moved site and now have BIG ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Firstly I cannot find the FAQ Article about steps to do when moving a site - both links in FAQ troubleshooting in article about "1146 database does not exist .......... etc etc only take you to the ZenCart home page - path should be ......./article=100 but it doesn't work.
    Both the old link: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100
    and the new link: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...another-server
    seem to work fine for me.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

QUESTION ....... is there supposed to be a configure.php file in the main admin directory (folder) as admin/configure.php ?? Both my sites have them there and they are exact duplicates of admin/includes/configure.php. Is this OK or have I made an error?
    No.
    /admin/configure.php is system code.
    /admin/includes/configure.php is your list of defines which determine the URLs etc for your site's admin access
    The two files are completely different.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Doc ..... I found a link to work by Googling it - after reading it I now know I should have been putting a number of things in place as preparation over the past couple of days rather than having this headache.

Oh well, live and learn.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Maybe all is not as well as it seems. How do I make a fresh new install of ZC on a server where there is an existing install on the same site without causing duplication issues? I figure back up files and database then delete and start again??

Is there a better way?

cheers,
    Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

How do I make a fresh new install of ZC on a server where there is an existing install on the same site without causing duplication issues?
    As to that specific question ...
    Zen Cart exists as two components: a set of files and a MySQL database. If you create a separate database and use that database's credentials when you run zc_install in the new folder you uploaded the files to, then the two sites will run independently of each other. Don't use a one-click-install option from your hosting company since it probably won't support having two sites in the same hosting account.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again for your input Doc.

I am starting from scratch and have read all the available articles on how to move a site or indeed move a folder containing ZenCart.

One question at this point - before now starting from scratch I tried to import the old mysql database into the new fresh one but had error(s) regarding address_book format and also a 1062 error. Will using your Fix_Cache_Key which I have just downloaded fix that issue of recognition in database importing? I don't know why there would be an address book format mismatch - I haven't changed anything in the database at all.

cheers,
    Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

One question at this point - before now starting from scratch I tried to import the old mysql database into the new fresh one but had error(s) regarding address_book format and also a 1062 error. Will using your Fix_Cache_Key which I have just downloaded fix that issue of recognition in database importing? I don't know why there would be an address book format mismatch - I haven't changed anything in the database at all.
    No. The fix_cache_key utility has nothing to do with database-importing or database-integrity or anything like that. ALL it does is exactly what is described in its description and in the FAQ article that references it: it just sets a directory name in one record. Nothing more.

Your database-import issues will need to be sorted out separately. If you have a database integrity problem, you should sort that out before going any further. And we can't help you with those details without seeing exact error messages and the corresponding import data.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again Doc - here are the errors I get when trying to import the old database into the new database. I have not touched a thing in PhPmyadmin as I haven't a clue what to do other than hit the import or export tabs - everything else is double dutch to me at present.

Any assistance is appreciated - cheers, Mike

Error

SQL query:

-- -- Dumping data for table `zen1_address_book` -- INSERT INTO `zen1_address_book` (`address_book_id`, `customers_id`, `entry_gender`, `entry_company`, `entry_firstname`, `entry_lastname`, `entry_street_address`, `entry_suburb`, `entry_postcode`, `entry_city`, `entry_state`, `entry_country_id`, `entry_zone_id`) VALUES

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

after "VALUES" above it lists actual customer entries which I have left out for security reasons - shows them like this - false details inserted.

Error

SQL query:

-- -- Dumping data for table `zen1_address_book` -- INSERT INTO `zen1_address_book` (`address_book_id`, `customers_id`, `entry_gender`, `entry_company`, `entry_firstname`, `entry_lastname`, `entry_street_address`, `entry_suburb`, `entry_postcode`, `entry_city`, `entry_state`, `entry_country_id`, `entry_zone_id`) VALUES (1, 1, 'm', '', 'steven', 'jobs', '57 tooth cresent spanner', '', '19200', 'somewheresville', '', 13, 183), (2, 2, 'm', '', 'Mike', 'O''reily', '39 bouganvillia St', '', '25962', 'Papua', '', 13, 186),

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you created your export without telling it to create DROP TABLE statements. Thus your import is attempting to add data that clashes with records already in the database, and it's a good thing that it's halting because otherwise you'd have all kinds of duplicate data or unrelated data messing things up.

Review the instructions for properly exporting your database for a backup: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...ith-phpmyadmin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast