Plugin Contributions

Default Coupon Restriction for Specials - Solution

Perhaps best for someone to package and put in dowmloads section and get all the glory , just too busy at the moment to do it, but thought i would share a little mod to enable you to restrict a coupon from all items on special.
    Its pretty basic in how it works, just two buttons added to the coupon restrictions page, an add and remove button.

The add button will search all products currently on special and will list them in the products retricted area, for that coupon for you.
    the remove button removes all restricted products, that are on special for that coupon, from the restricted products.

File to change is /admin/coupon_restrict.php

The above is a core file so care to be taken, as always backup before performing any mod.

around line 36:

After:
    Code:
     where restrict_id = '" . $_GET['info'] . "'");
        }
      }
    add:
    Code:
    if ($_GET['action']=='specials')  {
    $new_products_query = "select products_id from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . "  where status = 1 and products_id not in (select product_id from " . TABLE_COUPON_RESTRICT . " where coupon_id = '" . $_GET['cid'] . "')";
    $new_products = $db->Execute($new_products_query);

while(!$new_products->EOF) {
    // add all products from specials for each product not already defined in coupons_restrict
    $db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_COUPON_RESTRICT . " (coupon_id, product_id, coupon_restrict) values ('" . $_GET['cid'] . "', '" . $new_products->fields['products_id'] . "', 'Y')");
    $new_products->MoveNext();
     }
    }  

//remove specials
    if ($_GET['action']=='remove_specials')  {
     // to delete existing products from coupon code that are selected as specials coupon_code that are already in the table
    $new_products_query = "select products_id from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . "  where status = 1 and products_id in (select product_id from " . TABLE_COUPON_RESTRICT . " where coupon_id = '" . $_GET['cid'] . "')";
    $new_products = $db->Execute($new_products_query);

// nothing to be done
              if ($new_products->RecordCount() == 0) {
                $messageStack->add(ERROR_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DEFINED_CATEGORY . ' ' . $_POST['cPath'], 'caution');
              }
              while(!$new_products->EOF) {
                // product needs to be deleted
              $db->Execute("delete from " . TABLE_COUPON_RESTRICT . " WHERE coupon_id = '" . $_GET['cid'] . "' and product_id = '" . $new_products->fields['products_id'] . "'");
                $new_products->MoveNext();
              }  
    }
    around line 387

After:
    Code:
    <!-- body_text_eof //-->
      </tr>
    </table>
    add:

Code:
    <form name="restrict_specials" method="post" action="<?php echo zen_href_link('coupon_restrict.php', zen_get_all_get_params(array('info', 'action', 'x', 'y')) . 'action=specials&info=' . $cInfo->restrict_id, 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo zen_draw_hidden_field('securityToken', $_SESSION['securityToken']); ?>
    <input type="submit" name="add" value="Add Specials">
    </form>
    <form name="remove_specials" method="post" action="<?php echo zen_href_link('coupon_restrict.php', zen_get_all_get_params(array('info', 'action', 'x', 'y')) . 'action=remove_specials&info=' . $cInfo->restrict_id, 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo zen_draw_hidden_field('securityToken', $_SESSION['securityToken']); ?>
    <input type="submit" name="add" value="Remove Specials">
    </form>

and that's it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Coupon Restriction for Specials - Solution

Version 1.5

Thanks fo your contribution. But I tried this and it did not work to restrict the coupon on a special. There are actually 2 instances of where restrict_id = '" . $_GET

['info'] . "'");
    }
    }

I tried both places and did not work. Is there another trick to this?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

You need to follow the instructions, no point putting code where it isn't needed.

You need to give me more info, what aspect isn't working?
    Are the buttons shown?
    Do they add products when you click to add them?
    Do you have any products on special/discount at the moment?
    After adding the products,usig the button, they still allowed to have a discount coupon working on them?

Its a really simple mod, so there really isn't much to go wrong.

Plugin Contributions

Worked perfectly for me thank you!!!
    If anyone's trying it, remember that once you've pasted in the first block; for the second chunk, line 387 is no longer at line 387 as you've added several lines above it with the first paste (was line 414 on mine).

Plugin Contributions

Or if you just want to exclude all specials from the Coupon Order Total calculations you could just go to includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php and do something like this:

Change line 470ish

Code:
    if (!is_product_valid($products[$i]['id'], $couponCode)) {
    to:

Code:
    $specials_price = zen_get_products_special_price($products[$i]['id'], true);
    if (!is_product_valid($products[$i]['id'], $couponCode) or $specials_price) {
    Which stops you having to change the restrictions every time you change a special.

Plugin Contributions

Someone recently pointed me back to this thread. the post above didn't work for them or me, but if I want to exclude all specials, easier to add a line to includes/functions/functions_general.php

around line 814 inside the "is_product_valid" function,

add under this line:

if ($coupons->RecordCount() == 0) return true;

Code:
    $specials_price = zen_get_products_special_price((int)$product_id , true);
    if ($specials_price) return false;
    if your are using the bundles mod, you can also add:

Code:
    if (isBundle((int)$product_id))  return false;
    Hope this helps people out.

Plugin Contributions

just an update, noticed that specials created under "salemaker" were not being restricted.

If you want to restrict those then add following line under the others above:

//if product in salemaker category
    $product_check = $db->Execute("select master_categories_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . $product_id . "'");
    $category_check = $product_check->fields['master_categories_id'];

$saler = $db->Execute("select sale_specials_condition, sale_deduction_value, sale_deduction_type from " . TABLE_SALEMAKER_SALES . " where sale_categories_all like '%," . $category_check . ",%' and sale_status = '1' and (sale_date_start <= now() or sale_date_start = '0001-01-01') and (sale_date_end >= now() or sale_date_end = '0001-01-01')");
    if ($saler->RecordCount() >= 1) {
    return false;
    }

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Coupon Restriction for Specials - Solution

I'm afraid non of the solutions work for me... I don't get any error messages, but nothing changes either.

By the way, the is_product_valid function is on 769 for me. I'm running Zen Cart v 1.5.1.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by niccol View Post
    Or if you just want to exclude all specials from the Coupon Order Total calculations you could just go to includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php and do something like this:

Change line 470ish

Code:
    if (!is_product_valid($products[$i]['id'], $couponCode)) {
    to:

Code:
    Which stops you having to change the restrictions every time you change a special.
    The above is what I just used. I added the following right after line 488 in includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php:
    Code:
    // BOF Specials Coupon Restriction
    // EOF Specials Coupon Restriction
    The good news? Items not on special get their discounts while items on special do not, even when it's a mixed cart.

The bad news? There is no alert to tell the customer an item is being excluded, in fact it still gives the green A.O.K message.

The workaround? For now, I have appended a short notice to the TEXT_VALID_COUPON, which now reads:

Code:
    //	BOF Edited TEXT_VALID_COUPON to add special restriction notice.
    //	BOF Commented out for posterity
    //	define('TEXT_VALID_COUPON', 'Congratulations you have redeemed the Discount Coupon.');
    //	EOF Commented out for posterity

define('TEXT_VALID_COUPON', 'Congratulations you have redeemed the Discount Coupon. Keep in mind that if your order contains items on special, the discount will not be applied for those items.');

//	EOF Edited TEXT_VALID_COUPON to add special restriction notice.
    This is almost perfect but just not quite.

FYI: We are using v1.5.4