Plugin Contributions

Default Header wrapper out of control

Hi folks,
    I need some help.
    I have changed template and therefore changed the styleshee.css file.
    This has created a strange problem that I do not know how to adjust.
    The header wrapper is now aligned on the left while the main wrapper is centered.
    This happens only when browsing the site with the browser included in Android, but it did not happen before.
    I have already replaced the html_header and tpl_main_page in common folder with the old files but nothing changed.
    If I use the old stylesheet.css on the new template, everything is messed up, but header and main wrapper returns to be correctly aligned to the center.
    I guess there is a line missed in the new stylesheet.css but I have no Idea on what I sohould look at.
    Thanks for your help.
    Enzo

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Header wrapper out of control

With 183 posts to your credit, you probably just forgot to include a link to your site. ...

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Hu!! Ok Sorry.
    www.acq uatua.it
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

If you mean the 3 lines of links (categories?) starting at Filtro Aqua Everpure, then it is also left-aligned in Firefox, Safari and Opera in Mac OS X, as well as Opera Mini in my iPad.

When I try to validate that page, it gives 189 errors and 92 notes. I'm pretty sure if you fix the worst of the errors, your CSS will find it easier to line things up where you want them. Browsers are pretty good at rendering whatever code you throw at them, but 189 errors might be just a bit more than they can handle.

You might try comparing the old stylesheet and the new to see if there's a missing text-align: left; in there somewhere, but I'm pretty sure it's the errors that are causing the problem.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rob,
    thanks for your work.
    First of all I would like to know how you validated the page. I would happy to eliminate the erorrs.
    All the section starting with the word acqu atua on top left and finishing with the word vendita is aligned left instead of center as the main body is.
    Thanks again for your help.
    enzo

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by enzo-ita View Post
    ... I would like to know how you validated the page.
    To validate the page, you can either add the "Web Developer" add-on to your FireFox browser, use IE9 (press F12 to bringup the tools menu), or go to http://validator.w3.org/ and enter your website's address.

Plugin Contributions

First of all I would like to know how you validated the page. I would happy to eliminate the erorrs.
    I use an editor -- BBEdit -- which has a built-in validator. Its results are not exactly identical to the results you get at the link given just above, but it's very close.

Fixing the errors is always a problem because there is no obvious connection between a particular bit of the HTML the browser renders and any one php file that Zen Cart uses to assemble the pages. Experience and trial and error are your best tools to use when finding the errors. But here's a thought: Zen Cart out of the box does not give such errors. So you need to look into any mods you've made to the site, especially mods which affect the appearance -- like your template modifications.

You can safely ignore the ampersand errors. They come from things like product names such as "This & That Product". You can fix them eventually by editing your product names and descriptions, but none of those ampersands will hurt the way your page renders, so put them at the bottom of your list for now.

Rob