Plugin Contributions

Default Country Drop Down

I have installed FEC 1.10.0 and also only want to sell in the UK so have deleted all countries except UK. When purchasing a product without creating an account by using FEC the country is not prompted for and the transaction goes through successfully. However when trying to set up an account to pay, again there is no country drop down to select, but the account will not set up and comes back with an error message saying "Please select country from drop down list". Is there a way of turning this off?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Country Drop Down

Quote Originally Posted by gcopping View Post
    I have installed FEC 1.10.0 and also only want to sell in the UK so have deleted all countries except UK. When purchasing a product without creating an account by using FEC the country is not prompted for and the transaction goes through successfully. However when trying to set up an account to pay, again there is no country drop down to select, but the account will not set up and comes back with an error message saying "Please select country from drop down list". Is there a way of turning this off?
    Can anyone please help with this as I still havn't resolved it?

Plugin Contributions

Hi.
    1. Did it work before you installed FEC?
    2. Have you posted on Numinix forum too?
    3. What happens if you temporarily add another country to you list in admin?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    Hi.
    1. Did it work before you installed FEC?
    2. Have you posted on Numinix forum too?
    3. What happens if you temporarily add another country to you list in admin?
    Thanks for your response.

1. I didn't test it before installing FEC so don't know whether it worked or not.
    2. Yes I have posted the same question on the Numinix forum, but no response yet.
    3. If I add another country then the Country drop down appears on both checking out without an account and checking out with an account - so will work OK.

Does that help to narrow the problem down?

Plugin Contributions

Hmm, I would suggest that its an issue with your installation of FEC. Do you have a backup of files pre FEC? If so then use them to check that it was working fine before FEC, if that's the case then at least you have the issue tied down to one module. Then you need to look over your files and alterations from the FEC install to check that you installed it properly and completely.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    Hmm, I would suggest that its an issue with your installation of FEC. Do you have a backup of files pre FEC? If so then use them to check that it was working fine before FEC, if that's the case then at least you have the issue tied down to one module. Then you need to look over your files and alterations from the FEC install to check that you installed it properly and completely.
    Thanks for your help with this. I have been onto Numinix and it is a bug in FEC which they have now fixed.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help with this. I have been onto Numinix and it is a bug in FEC which they have now fixed.
    Thank you for posting back, that could help others.

Plugin Contributions

Tryed to find that bug fix in forums, but couldnt find clear instruction how to update from 1.10.0 version to 1.10.1. SQL pach as i understand only updates version number of FEC :)

Plugin Contributions

According to Numinix the only change is to download the new version of header_php.php to includes/modules/pages/login/ - this worked for me on 2 sites.

Plugin Contributions

According to Numinix the only change is to download the new version of header_php.php to includes/modules/pages/login/ - this worked for me on 2 sites.
    Thank you, it worked for me also.