Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: difficulty adding a new template

Not all that basic, since I don't know exactly what it means, but I would check includes/modules/sideboxes/andover_modern to see if the languages_header.php file exists and isn't corrupted. I would probably re-upload that file directly from the template files to that folder. The languages section in the header (which doesen't exist in the Classic template) is where your page is dying.

There's also a support thread for that template here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...hlight=andover

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Not all that basic, since I don't know exactly what it means, but I would check includes/modules/sideboxes/andover_modern to see if the languages_header.php file exists and isn't corrupted. I would probably re-upload that file directly from the template files to that folder. The languages section in the header (which doesen't exist in the Classic template) is where your page is dying.

There's also a support thread for that template here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...hlight=andover
    I haven't looked to see if it is there yet, but if it is how would I know if it is corrupted or not?

Plugin Contributions

Templates (and their constituent parts) are all in the includes folder.

So when you "obtain" a new template, it will in all likelihood, just have an "includes" folder.

In your FTP program...

1. SERVER SIDE
    Navigate to your zencart installation, where you can see the "includes" folder.

2. LOCAL SIDE
    Navigate into the new template's folder, so that you ALSO see an "includes" folder.

3. Click on the LOCAL MACHINE includes folder (to highlight it)

4. Click the ARROW (on your FTP program) to send the contents of the folder to your server.

It really can't be any easier... (Unless you are using a "dubious" FTP system. We use WS-FTP Pro - one of the best, and it only costs a few dollars)
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    Templates (and their constituent parts) are all in the includes folder.

So when you "obtain" a new template, it will in all likelihood, just have an "includes" folder.

In your FTP program...

1. SERVER SIDE
    Navigate to your zencart installation, where you can see the "includes" folder.

2. LOCAL SIDE
    Navigate into the new template's folder, so that you ALSO see an "includes" folder.

3. Click on the LOCAL MACHINE includes folder (to highlight it)

4. Click the ARROW (on your FTP program) to send the contents of the folder to your server.

It really can't be any easier... (Unless you are using a "dubious" FTP system. We use WS-FTP Pro - one of the best, and it only costs a few dollars)
    Thank you, I guess I am still a little unclear, do I upload all of the contents of the new template includes folder into the server side includes folder or just the template itself? I have seen documentation elsewhere to just copy the template out of the includes folder so that is what I did. I don't believe that I should upload the includes folder into the server side includes folder should I? That seems as if it would throw things off having an includes folder inside of the includes folder.

I apologize if I am being stupid here but it is really getting somewhat frustrating, I know this should be easier4 than I am making it. Oh and i'm using filezilla, but that shouldn't make a difference.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by billcurley View Post
    I have seen documentation elsewhere to just copy the template out of the includes folder so that is what I did. I don't believe that I should upload the includes folder into the server side includes folder should I? That seems as if it would throw things off having an includes folder inside of the includes folder.
    In filezilla you will have TWO OPEN PANES

PANE ONE = Local Machine

PANE TWO =Remote Server

In your local machine pane, drill down in the new template's main directory until you see "includes" folder. (DO NOT DRILL DOWN ANY FURTHER)

In your server pane, navigate to your ZC installation root folder, where you will also see the "includes" folder. (DO NOT DRILL DOWN ANY FURTHER)

FTP the "includes" folder in the local pane, to the server. Just click the folder to highlight it, then use the FTP arrow to send it and its contents to the server.

As it is at the SAME LEVEL as an existing "includes" folder on the server, it just writes its CONTENTS to the server's existing "includes" folder.

You will not overwrite anything (other than existing custom template files you may have ported earlier). If prompted to overwrite, select YES.

--------------------------

With FTP, the important thing is to get BOTH DIRECTORY LEVELS (local pane and remote server pane) CORRECT.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for all the help everyone. The issue turned out that not all of the folders and files uplaoded not sure why, I tried fresh uploads several times, finally had to go through folder by folder within this template and check for each and every file....royal pain in the you know what, but i finally got it :-)
    Still having a minor issue with the Facebook like link. I think I added the information correctly to the extra def folder correctly:
    In: /home2/lyriclea/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/andover_modern/footer_menu_defines.php
    I edited the following to read:

define('FACEBOOK','http://www.facebook.com/lyricleather');

There also seems to be a code break on my contact us link in the header, I went to :
    /home2/lyriclea/includes/languages/english/andover_modern/header.php

and everything seems fine, see below:

// header text in includes/header.php
    define('HEADER_TITLE_CREATE_ACCOUNT', 'Create Account');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT', 'My Account');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS', 'Shopping Cart');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT', '<span class="header-checkout">Checkout</span>');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_TOP', 'Top');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG', 'Home');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF', 'Log Out');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN', 'Log In');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_CONTACT_US', 'Contact Us');

but my home page is displaying
    " HEADER_TITLE_CONTACT_US "
    it should only read " Contact Us " correct?

Plugin Contributions

If you use a proper FTP program, you will find life so much easier.

Filezilla is clunky, cumbersome - and (more importantly) not very secure.

See what DrByte says about site management security: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...04#post1131504
    19 years a Zencart User

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12