Page 69 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 853
  1. #681
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    10,023
    Plugin Contributions
    32

    Default Re: COWOA Updated and Combined for ZC v1.5.x

    Quote Originally Posted by bakeen View Post
    Which log(s) do you need?
    the log files are in your store "logs" directory..

    More info on the location and purpose of the log files in troubleshooting can be found here: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...t-of-a-page%29
    Last edited by DivaVocals; 6 Dec 2015 at 05:36 PM.
    My Site - Zen Cart & WordPress integration specialist
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

  2. #682
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    422
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: COWOA Updated and Combined for ZC v1.5.x

    I've been working on installing this module in a store for a client. I ran into a snag at the stage of installing the SQL. If the shop's database uses prefixes, should I edit the table names in the sql file or does Zen Admin somehow do this automatically?

    Sorry if this has been previously asked and answered. I could not find the answer by searching this thread.

  3. #683
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,633
    Plugin Contributions
    78

    Default Re: COWOA Updated and Combined for ZC v1.5.x

    Quote Originally Posted by earmsby View Post
    I've been working on installing this module in a store for a client. I ran into a snag at the stage of installing the SQL. If the shop's database uses prefixes, should I edit the table names in the sql file or does Zen Admin somehow do this automatically?

    Sorry if this has been previously asked and answered. I could not find the answer by searching this thread.
    If you're copying and pasting a .sql file's contents into the admin's Tools->Install SQL Patches page, that page's processing will automatically add the DB_PREFIX value where necessary. If you're pasting into phpMyAdmin, then you'll need to add the prefix value manually.

  4. #684
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Near Houston, TX
    Posts
    379
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: COWOA Updated and Combined for ZC v1.5.x

    I am working on creating a local copy of my current v1.5.1 to plan and test my upgrade. I cannot verify exactly which version of COWA I currently have. All I have found so far is J_Schilz for Integrated COWOA - 14 April 2007 int the no_account_filenames.php

  5. #685
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    470
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: COWOA Updated and Combined for ZC v1.5.x

    I may be wrong, but I think I just found a major issue with this MOD.

    Because the current version treats email addresses for account as non-unique (meaning you can make unlimited COWOA accounts using the same email address), coupons that are restrictive (example - 1 per customer) no longer obey the rules of the restrictions.

  6. #686
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Payson, AZ
    Posts
    1,071
    Plugin Contributions
    14

    Default Re: COWOA Updated and Combined for ZC v1.5.x

    Quote Originally Posted by lindasdd View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think I just found a major issue with this MOD.

    Because the current version treats email addresses for account as non-unique (meaning you can make unlimited COWOA accounts using the same email address), coupons that are restrictive (example - 1 per customer) no longer obey the rules of the restrictions.
    actually the current version of COWOA the email addresses are unique and are not unlimited.. When a first time buyer adds an email address, billing and shipping, an account is created as COWOA. When the same email address is used again, the COWOA account is reused.. When the same email address is used to create an standard account, then everything is now viewable to the account owner with the password reset to the one they supplied.

    With that, the coupon system should still work.. 1 per-customer still works, adding one to a customer account still works, even for a COWOA account... which is nice to attract them back even if they didn't create a full account.

    I'm unable to recreate the problem assuming your using COWOA Version: v2.4 on a ZC 1.5.4 system... I did find another issue with the cart that I'll need to work on... but it didn't affect the coupon system. The logic in both plug-in and beta versions are the same... so going to need some more hints on this one to see if I can recreate the problem.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

  7. #687
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    470
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: COWOA Updated and Combined for ZC v1.5.x

    I'm using Zen Cart 1.5.4 and IntegratedCOWOA_2.4

    The way it works on my site is that if you checked out with COWOA previously and you attempt to login using that email address the site tells you it has no record of that email address.

    Then if you use either the COWOA or standard account creation process it allows you to create another 'profile' using that email address.

    These two paths make sense since it is supposed to be 'Checkout Without a Profile / Account', not 'Checkout Without a Password' which is what COWOA was in the old version. I swear I read somewhere that the paths I described are the way it should work and it was done that way on purpose.

    I may be wrong, but I think the reason yours works a different way is due to the modifications you mentioned in post #413 and that you and DivaVocals have discussed in regards to 'Duplicate Accounts via COWOA'

    I don't think those modifications were ever officially integrated. On a couple posts after #413 it looks like DivaVocals built them into a Beta version 2.5 and 2.6, but the version on Zen-Cart.com is still 2.4

    Maybe I'll pull the GitHub code and attempt an installation on my dev sit to see if I can get it to work.

    One side question though: There is mention of some type of email issue where due to the multiple accounts, after the fix, customers might get an email to each separate COWOA account they created. Is that only if I was trying to communicate using the tools like Product Notification Manager?

  8. #688
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Payson, AZ
    Posts
    1,071
    Plugin Contributions
    14

    Default Re: COWOA Updated and Combined for ZC v1.5.x

    Quote Originally Posted by lindasdd View Post
    I'm using Zen Cart 1.5.4 and IntegratedCOWOA_2.4

    The way it works on my site is that if you checked out with COWOA previously and you attempt to login using that email address the site tells you it has no record of that email address.

    Then if you use either the COWOA or standard account creation process it allows you to create another 'profile' using that email address.

    These two paths make sense since it is supposed to be 'Checkout Without a Profile / Account', not 'Checkout Without a Password' which is what COWOA was in the old version. I swear I read somewhere that the paths I described are the way it should work and it was done that way on purpose.

    I may be wrong, but I think the reason yours works a different way is due to the modifications you mentioned in post #413 and that you and DivaVocals have discussed in regards to 'Duplicate Accounts via COWOA'

    I don't think those modifications were ever officially integrated. On a couple posts after #413 it looks like DivaVocals built them into a Beta version 2.5 and 2.6, but the version on Zen-Cart.com is still 2.4

    Maybe I'll pull the GitHub code and attempt an installation on my dev sit to see if I can get it to work.

    One side question though: There is mention of some type of email issue where due to the multiple accounts, after the fix, customers might get an email to each separate COWOA account they created. Is that only if I was trying to communicate using the tools like Product Notification Manager?
    Your right.. think the beta is around 2.6
    I pulled a fresh copy from the plugin and github for comparison. I see the two don't match which I thought it was uploaded already. my mistake and I'm confusing you by looking at the wrong one again, sorry. The beta version has the fix and should work, but ether one should be installed on a test site to work out any issues before moving over to your live site.

    Yes, product notification on the old system is a problem, but the 2.6 version it's not.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

  9. #689
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    10,023
    Plugin Contributions
    32

    Default Re: COWOA Updated and Combined for ZC v1.5.x

    I have been SLOOOOOOOW to submit v2.6 because I wanted FEEDBACK on it to make sure its working for others, and to surface any issues folks might have.. I've gotten very little information that assures me that people have done their own testing.. So I was holding off on submitting it.. It's FRUSTRATING as hell not getting usable feedback to ensure that the version works as it does in my own testing..

    Anyway I digress.. ALL the changes Linda has asked after are in the beta version on my Github repo. Updates by a ZC community member to make it compatible with v1.5.5 is underway, but it is compatible with v1.5.4.
    My Site - Zen Cart & WordPress integration specialist
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

  10. #690
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Longs, SC
    Posts
    626
    Plugin Contributions
    2

    Default Re: COWOA Updated and Combined for ZC v1.5.x

    Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    Anyway I digress.. ALL the changes Linda has asked after are in the beta version on my Github repo. Updates by a ZC community member to make it compatible with v1.5.5 is underway, but it is compatible with v1.5.4.
    Are there many changes for 1.5.5 compatibility? I just downloaded it off github and just opened the docs.

 

 
Page 69 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. v139c COWOA Module (my update for ZC v1.3.x)
    By JTheed in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 398
    Last Post: 29 Oct 2014, 02:35 PM
  2. Installed FEC before COWOA, now COWOA config menu doesn't appear
    By i-make-robots in forum Addon Payment Modules
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12 Jan 2014, 01:34 PM
  3. v151 How to install COWOA (for ZC v1.5.x)
    By edgemeister in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4 Apr 2013, 05:21 PM
  4. v151 Which COWOA Plugin? Fast and Easy or original COWOA ?
    By damon in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 8 Nov 2012, 03:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR