Page 75 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: COWOA (for ZC v1.5.x)

Quote Originally Posted by mydanilo View Post
    I have a question/request that I have brought up before. I would love to see the possibility to allow guest checkout even when there is already an existing registered account for this email. Is this technically possible without screwing up the zencart customer or order db's?
    Wasn't something I really needed but, anyway... current version with the split create account and no account pages would be difficult to do... In using a single page for both and changing the logic behind the password field. Add a password, it's a standard account, no password and it's a COWOA account... than adding another level to the logic is simple enough... adding a user view and deciding how I want to explain it to them is where I'm at now. I'm leaning towards a alert still info popup.

within my logic, Both account types do have passwords! In COWOA the password is generated and added to the account each time its used. The standard account password is controlled by the user. bypassing the cowoa password for existing account also has to be part of the code or the account user will never login again. Things to think about when you change yours.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

OK, re-posting in this thread as was mentioned it would be the better place to ask:

I have a problem with Login as Customer with Master Password and COWOA installed on 1.5.4. I can use it perfectly with regular accounts. I can not login as customer with COWOA created accounts. What would make it fail just with COWOA accounts? It simply says email or password incorrect. I reinstalled all again to make sure I did not miss anything.
    Live and learn... the Zen way.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mydanilo View Post
    OK, re-posting in this thread as was mentioned it would be the better place to ask:

I have a problem with Login as Customer with Master Password and COWOA installed on 1.5.4. I can use it perfectly with regular accounts. I can not login as customer with COWOA created accounts. What would make it fail just with COWOA accounts? It simply says email or password incorrect. I reinstalled all again to make sure I did not miss anything.
    I confirm I have the same problem. It may be something that has a logic however.
    ciao

Plugin Contributions

Logic says to prevent accidental access to areas you need to have an account for we need to block that from happing.. also helps to prevent hacks!

With that, Master Password wll not function for COWOA accounts and I see no reason to do a walk around for it.. Of course, logic says all you need is an email address and you can do the same as they without account!!
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    Logic says to prevent accidental access to areas you need to have an account for we need to block that from happing.. also helps to prevent hacks!

With that, Master Password wll not function for COWOA accounts and I see no reason to do a walk around for it.. Of course, logic says all you need is an email address and you can do the same as they without account!!
    I agreen with what above. However, a COWOA has to input the email address and if after one year he comes back and try to login the login will be refused. He may then try to get a new password thinking he forgot it. He gets an email with the new password and then the login will be refused again. The COWOA will think ths site is broken and will go shopping somewere else. I think the COWOA, when tryng to login should receive a warning message saying "We know you purchased with us using this email ADDRESS, but you choose to not create a account. For your privacy, this is not allowing you to receive a new password neither to login with this eamil address. Please buy again without account or create a account if you like." Even better the essage should finish with " If you want to trasform your guest purchase in a account puchase click here and you will receive a password, at the email address used in the past, to login with that email address and make your purchases." Obviously the COWOA has to became a regular account in the db.
    Ciao from Italy.
    enzo

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by enzo-ita View Post
    I agreen with what above. However, a COWOA has to input the email address and if after one year he comes back and try to login the login will be refused. He may then try to get a new password thinking he forgot it. He gets an email with the new password and then the login will be refused again. The COWOA will think ths site is broken and will go shopping somewere else. I think the COWOA, when tryng to login should receive a warning message saying "We know you purchased with us using this email ADDRESS, but you choose to not create a account. For your privacy, this is not allowing you to receive a new password neither to login with this eamil address. Please buy again without account or create a account if you like." Even better the essage should finish with " If you want to trasform your guest purchase in a account puchase click here and you will receive a password, at the email address used in the past, to login with that email address and make your purchases." Obviously the COWOA has to became a regular account in the db.
    Ciao from Italy.
    enzo
    COWOA 'Check Out With Out Account' is not the same as an Standard Account! Thus the account is for Admin to track, document orders and hopefully get paid. On the user side, there never was an account so there is no login, password so on so why would admin need to login! They already have more access/info then the user!

If a user comes back 5 seconds or 5 years, the account is the same, email address buys anything! there is no login or password they need to enter or you... Yes.. If when the user decides to create an account, than the existing info is converted and the user now has a password to manage.
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

The problem is more the other way around. The customer created a regular account and placed an order. Customer then comes back at another time and wants to do a guest checkout as he/she can't remember if or with what pwd he/she created an account. So guest checkout is on the order, but only to find out that it won't be possible with this email as there was previously an account registered. At that point, most are already frustrated and might or might not try the reset pwd function. Reset pwd emails land a lot in spam folder and leads to customer trying to reset several times, next frustration sets in. If they have not taken their business elsewhere by now they are really stubborn and must love my store tremendously! ;)

Is it really so hard to understand that this can't be good for business?

Well, the good new is Dr. Byte confirmed that the built in guest checkout in 1.6 will fix this. https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....eat-an-account

Just a question now on when v1.6 will be ready.
    Live and learn... the Zen way.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: COWOA Updated and Combined for ZC v1.5.x

Quote Originally Posted by Fourpaws View Post
    There is no option to "Subscribe to Our Newsletter" just HTML or Text Only choices.

Is it intentional that all customers that COWOA are automatically subscribed to the newsletter?
    I'm having the same issue with my site. Is this normal?

Plugin Contributions

Did anyone ever figure out the tickbox issue?

Plugin Contributions

Never mind. I found it. For anyone else who is looking, you need to edit includes/templates/YOUR THEME/templates/tpl_modules_no_account.php

The code says:

<fieldset>
    <legend><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL_PREFERENCE; ?></legend>

<?php echo zen_draw_radio_field('email_format', 'HTML', ($email_format == 'HTML' ? true : false),'id="email-format-html"') . '<label class="radioButtonLabel" for="email-format-html">' . ENTRY_EMAIL_HTML_DISPLAY . '</label>' . zen_draw_radio_field('email_format', 'TEXT', ($email_format == 'TEXT' ? true : false), 'id="email-format-text"') . '<label class="radioButtonLabel" for="email-format-text">' . ENTRY_EMAIL_TEXT_DISPLAY . '</label>'; ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    </fieldset>

It should say:

<fieldset>
    <legend><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL_PREFERENCE; ?></legend>
    <?php
    if (ACCOUNT_NEWSLETTER_STATUS != 0) {
    ?>
    <?php echo zen_draw_checkbox_field('newsletter', '1', $newsletter, 'id="newsletter-checkbox"') . '<label class="checkboxLabel" for="newsletter-checkbox">' . ENTRY_NEWSLETTER . '</label>' . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <?php } ?>

<?php echo zen_draw_radio_field('email_format', 'HTML', ($email_format == 'HTML' ? true : false),'id="email-format-html"') . '<label class="radioButtonLabel" for="email-format-html">' . ENTRY_EMAIL_HTML_DISPLAY . '</label>' . zen_draw_radio_field('email_format', 'TEXT', ($email_format == 'TEXT' ? true : false), 'id="email-format-text"') . '<label class="radioButtonLabel" for="email-format-text">' . ENTRY_EMAIL_TEXT_DISPLAY . '</label>'; ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    </fieldset>

Page 75 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast