Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: COWOA Updated and Combined for ZC v1.5.x

Quote Originally Posted by weif View Post
    As mentioned above, I'm working on trying to get this working on a 1.5.6 site.

It looks like the process of emailing has actually been moved into another file, but I am unclear whether this needs to be moved to that other file - wherever it is - or if this needs to be processed before the function of sending emails is called...
    COWOA is really old and with COWAA and One Page Checkout, you may be spinning your wheels.... I have COWAA setup on my 156 upgrade. I am on final testing with PHP7.3 getting ready to do the upgrade of my site. Once I'm done with that I plan to go ahead and push an update for COWAA which would save you some time. I'm pushing for this week to finish up..
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    COWOA is really old and with COWAA and One Page Checkout, you may be spinning your wheels.... I have COWAA setup on my 156 upgrade. I am on final testing with PHP7.3 getting ready to do the upgrade of my site. Once I'm done with that I plan to go ahead and push an update for COWAA which would save you some time. I'm pushing for this week to finish up..
    Hi davewest. I'm just going through the process of getting COWOA to work on 156... Were you successful in getting it to work or am I wasting my time? :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JboyJW View Post
    Hi davewest. I'm just going through the process of getting COWOA to work on 156... Were you successful in getting it to work or am I wasting my time? :)
    It was pushed to GitHub but still haven't had time to finish it off to what I would like to do... I am using it on a ZC156b site so it is working but without a one page for checkout. https://github.com/davesaddle/zenCOWAA
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    It was pushed to GitHub but still haven't had time to finish it off to what I would like to do... I am using it on a ZC156b site so it is working but without a one page for checkout. https://github.com/davesaddle/zenCOWAA
    Oh... you created your own version, I see. Cool. Hmm... Not a fan of the default behavior being guest and them having to click an Account! button to log in. Will have to consider my options. Thanks for the link.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JboyJW View Post
    Oh... you created your own version, I see. Cool. Hmm... Not a fan of the default behavior being guest and them having to click an Account! button to log in. Will have to consider my options. Thanks for the link.
    Actually, theirs different behaviors depending which switch is flipped.. for my site, I used register account as the standard. Creating a full account happens during checkout if they enter a password or not.. its up to the customers. basically doing away with create account.. Guest is not the default, but can be done by any user, even an account holder.
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Hello davewest,
    I'm keen to try your version, just wondering if you had progressed to 1.5.6c yet?
    I'm using 1.5.6c so of course I am happy to investigate on my site, but it would help to know what your baseline is at the moment.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

I added a COWOA version for Zen-Cart 1.5.6c and Zen-Cart 1.5.7 here:
    https://github.com/lindasdd/integratedCOWOA_2.8

The 1.5.6c version has been used in a production environment.
    The 1.5.7 version has only been used in a test environment.

Once I use the 1.5.7 in production I will submit it to the plugins.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

@lindasdd ... have you given OPC a try? One-Page-Checkout is a drop-in plugin at this point.

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts vs COWOA.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I never used One Page Checkout because I was not aware it also handled guest accounts.

I just installed it on my test site. I think it is pretty awesome.

A drop-in plugin that impacts so much of the site is pretty surprising.

The flow works well and makes sense.

Install was amazingly easy.

This will be the checkout I use when I go live with Zen-Cart 1.5.7 in a couple days.

I will do a bunch of customizing to the styling and layout, but that's expected.

The 1 page where I make the most changes is the login page shown in the attached pics.

Each chevron (arrow) expands that section using jquery toggle. This was most important in mobile because I felt the login page was overwhelming and this made it much simpler.

Desktop:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	login-desktop.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	19229

Mobile:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	login-mobile.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	19230

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    @lindasdd ... have you given OPC a try? One-Page-Checkout is a drop-in plugin at this point.

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts vs COWOA.
    I used OPC from 1/1/21-2/20/21ish.

Pros:
    - one page checkout
    - installation/integration was easy and didn't require modification to core files
    - guests have orders but no accounts (how one would want guest checkout to work)

Cons:
    - didn't work with my current store credit tool (not OPC's fault)
    - was causing some address book error log issues (possibly not OPC's fault, didn't dig in enough to figure it out)
    - guests have orders but no accounts

Ultimately I had to stop using OPC because 'guests have orders but no accounts' means my sales funnel becomes broken.

The most important part of my sales funnel is a discounted sample pack product. 99% of customers order it as their first item. The discount is a one time use code.

Under OPC, guest checkout doesn't get an account, so there is no way to offer them a one time use code. The solutions are either to not offer guests a code or to not limit the code to one time use. Both have downsides.

Next step in the funnel is a one time use lower tier free shipping discount code. One time use per customer. Again, not possible with OPC.

There are potentially all sorts of work arounds but they would most likely require customers to jump through hoops which will cut conversion rates off at the knees. So not worth it. Even a simple, "check your email for the code" is too much for the first checkout experience of a customer.