Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: COWOA Updated and Combined for ZC v1.5.x

simple in reality - blends well in checkout - I'm not a fan of the one page checkout solutions I've seen and worked with in the past. (haven't looked at the present options in a long time) What was never simple is the coding of course. Definitely would prefer the ability to make customers into full accounts in admin and some sort of fix for the duplicate email addresses - that was a good idea at the time but definitely doesn't work well at this point. But I would kept with it if someone had continued to support it.

So, yes, thanks for soliciting feedback on this topic - there's got to be a good solution possible!

I did rewrite bits of the pages - simply changing some default zen cart text with zen to make it more logical and I kept that progress bar - feel like that visual is most important. All of the steps have to be there, coding wise and process wise so why not make it more obvious? I packaged it up as a mod at one point - screenshots here: https://www.zencartdelia.com/zen-car...products_id=23 (please folks, dont' criticize that site - it's out of date and I'm in the process and deciding where to put it since I now operate under the wiztech name.

So, yes, thanks for soliciting feedback on this topic - there's got to be a good solution possible!
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    The only thing I didn't like was the confusion created by customers who don't realize they used it before and get frustrated when they can't log in on their next visit.
    I haven't done so yet, but I have considered playing with the password forgotten tool so that if a COWOA account puts through a password forgotten request the email they receive states, "Your last checkout only created an order, not an account with a password. To place a new order, either use one of the New Customer paths or click here to turn your prior order details into a customer account."

Plugin Contributions

That's great solution to that problem!
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

> ... or click here to turn your prior order details into a customer account.

Would this action simply set COWOA_account to 0 (in addition to resetting the password)?
    I was thinking about ways to make COWOA accounts into regular accounts if the customer wished and wondering if this was all that was needed.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586