Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Trusted Stores

I would love to know how to make this work also

thanks

Dave

Plugin Contributions

I had the badge showing on home pages, but I changed to HTML5 and lost the badge on internet explorer. I have changed back to some old HTML and the badge still won't come up in internet explorer. I don't see why it won't run my javascript at the end. The confirmation code seems to work. Any Idea why my testing link won't bring up the badge in ie?
    georgiavines.com

Plugin Contributions

I had the badge showing on home pages, but I changed to HTML5 and lost the badge on internet explorer. I have changed back to some old HTML and the badge still won't come up in internet explorer. I don't see why it won't run my javascript at the end. The confirmation code seems to work. Any Idea why my testing link won't bring up the badge in ie?
    Has anyone else gotten anywhere on this?

The way I read Google's docs are there is more to it than just adding the javascript. i.e. Part 2. "Create your datafeeds". In this section there are details that say you need to create a "Create your shipment feed" and "Create your cancellation feed". They recommend these feeds be sent daily.

Plugin Contributions

Looks a bit tricky. In the (required) order shipment feed you have to give them an order ID, tracking number, carrier and date shipped. Not easily retrieved in zen cart without extensive modification, but something might be doable with an xml export from WorldShip, Dazzle, or the FedEx shipping software. You would just have to reference the order ID in the shipping software so it could be in the export file. The order cancellation feed looks easier especially if you have very few cancelled orders.

You can't just go adding the badge code and think you're done. You have to complete the requirements which includes agreement forms and allowing Google to access shipping records. It's a serious thing and they can contact your customers for feedback and offer free purchase protection. We are done with everything apart from the 2 order feeds, and I am looking at ways to make that work automatically.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    We are done with everything apart from the 2 order feeds, and I am looking at ways to make that work automatically.
    Do you care to share what you've accomplished so far with your implementation?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    Do you care to share what you've accomplished so far with your implementation?

Thanks!
    Nothing to share really, just ideas at the moment for how to create those 2 feeds. Numinix is working on a solution and needs sponsors to fund the work, so head over to his site and sign up if you want to be able to use this.

Plugin Contributions

Nothing to share really, just ideas at the moment for how to create those 2 feeds. Numinix is working on a solution and needs sponsors to fund the work, so head over to his site and sign up if you want to be able to use this.
    Oh sorry I misunderstood you. I actually thought that you meant you've successfully figured out the Google Trusted Store badge javascript and Order Confirmation Module code implementation.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    Oh sorry I misunderstood you. I actually thought that you meant you've successfully figured out the Google Trusted Store badge javascript and Order Confirmation Module code implementation.
    Haven't tried that yet since we aren't ready to be at that point without the required feeds. But I looked at the code and it seems pretty straightforward. I was going to put the badge in the footer since that loads on every page, and paste in the order confirmation code on the order confirmation template page since it's not calling anything from zen cart and thus shouldn't require anything in the header_php file. But I haven't looked at it and don't know if there is anything more to be done.

Plugin Contributions

Haven't tried that yet since we aren't ready to be at that point without the required feeds. But I looked at the code and it seems pretty straightforward. I was going to put the badge in the footer since that loads on every page, and paste in the order confirmation code on the order confirmation template page since it's not calling anything from zen cart and thus shouldn't require anything in the header_php file. But I haven't looked at it and don't know if there is anything more to be done.
    The Google Trust Badge code is pretty simple to implement. The code for the order confirmation page is where I am having trouble because there are variables that needs to be passed/populated from Zen Cart. The feed generation with tracking is relatively simply for us as well (but it's a manual process at the moment).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast