Plugin Contributions

Default 1194 Table 'products_description' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Okay my site was working fine and I woke up this morning went to search my catalog in the admin section and this error came up:
    1194 Table 'products_description' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
    in:[select p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description, IF(s.status = 1, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status =1, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_sort_order, p.product_is_call, p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p2c.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = 1 and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '11']
    the front page of my catalog works but if you try and follow any links it leads you to a page that reads this error. How do I fix it?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1194 Table 'products_description' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Just as the message says, you need to repair the damaged table.

You have a few choices:
    a) if your hosting company uses cPanel, you can login to that and go to the MySQL Databases section and click on the Repair option.
    or
    b) use phpMyAdmin, select the database from the pulldown, then click on the Operations tab, check in the box next to the tablename and choose Repair Table, then Go.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.