Plugin Contributions

Default No Multiple Image Support? Apparel Boutique + working Image Handler4

Dear Forum-

I have installed Image Handler 4 and am really impressed with the performance of this module, which corrects for the real Achilles Heel of ZenCart, that is, the inability to display multiple images out of the box and with no fuss-

In my case, the Module works perfectly using the Classic Contemporary Green template that ships with Zencart, but doesnt seem to work anywhere else. Now, I must admit, the only templates I've tried, apart from Classic Contemporary Green, have been the truly beautiful skins offered for free by Picaflor Azul.

And beautiful they are, sensibly laid out, easy to get around, no nonsense, just right- But is there no multiple image support, even with a working Image Handler 4?

I have also tried the following templates, but also got the same, proverbial, 'no luck' result:

+ Avonlee Contempo
    + Andover Modern
    + Estorenow
    + Alysa Rounded

It would be puzzling that such well thought out, snappy templates would be missing a feature that works in the default.

I have got to be missing something! Any takers for this?

Thanks yall, and thanks to you too, Picaflor for such generous free offerings-

Trout

MY CONFIGURATION:
    Zencart 1.5
    Sample URL: http://apthwellness.com/apothecary/
    Template: Apparel Boutique by Picaflor Azul
    Hosting: %100 up to date Linux

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No Multiple Image Support? Apparel Boutique + working Image Handler4

Have you installed the IH 4 files in the new folders that correspond with the template you are using?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No Multiple Image Support? Apparel Boutique + working Image Handler4

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Have you installed the IH 4 files in the new folders that correspond with the template you are using?
    Yes, I found that to be the case. IH4 apparently installs on templates already installed, but when I installed more I had to manually set it up.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Hey Dbltoe-

Thanks for that Epiphany!

Now Im puzzling around trying to figure out what files need to go in the added template folders.... Looked at the hierarchy from the installation package, but it looks like all of them exept the css and a java or 2 reside above the template folders though.

Even tried copying some obvious files from the contemporary to the apparel template folder, but only got proverbial 'No Luck'-

Is there a list or a ref to the documentation I'm missing? For what its worth, I have indeed looked, nothing I can see, maybe Im just worn out, Ugh....

Thank You-

Trout-

Plugin Contributions

You may need to copy the includes/templates/IH_INSTALL files to the new template folder in order for it to work.
    BUT... this is probably better answered in the IH 4 thread. From what I get in a quick glance, the answer is to reinstall after each template change.

Plugin Contributions

There is no problem with image handler and any of our free templates. You are not installing image handler correctly. In the future, if you have questions about the free templates, you should post to the approriate support thread(s) so as not to clutter up the board.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Anne,
    I don't think anyone is saying that IH4 doesn't work with one of your great templates.
    What we seem to be finding out is that IH4 needs rei-nstall######## if a new template is installed. Simply copying the files to the new template directory is not working.
    Trout Mask had IH4 working in classic then installed other templates to see what would happen. That resulted in exposing the discovery of IH4's little "quirk".
    I truly think it was a "what have I done wrong" than a denigration of your work.

Plugin Contributions

Anne,
    I don't think anyone is saying that IH4 doesn't work with one of your great templates.
    What we seem to be finding out is that IH4 needs rei-nstall######## if a new template is installed. Simply copying the files to the new template directory is not working.
    Trout Mask had IH4 working in classic then installed other templates to see what would happen. That resulted in exposing the discovery of IH4's little "quirk".
    I truly think it was a "what have I done wrong" than a denigration of your work.

Ok, sorry for the confusion ;-) I just wanted to clear it up for anyone else reading the thread who was also as confused as me.

Thanks,

Anne