Plugin Contributions

Default Oz postage help please

Hi Everyone,

I've trying for the life of me to figure out why my postage seems so cheap for so many items and their weights, I've just realised that even though I have the auspost in my back office set to KG weight in my shopping cart it's adding up in grams.

Would it pay me to switch to the new oz post module, which btw I know absolutley nothing about lol

Also wondering if anyone on here has an online shop that they have to buy products when ordered by a customer and how do you work out the double postage ie postage price for you to buy the product/s off your supplier and the postage price to then post to your customer?

Thanks so much everyone for reading, any help would be hugely apprecaited

Cheers

Janelle

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Oz postage help please

Janelle

Firstly, changing to "kg" was only a text display change and does nothing to the ACTUAL weight. Using grams in your product weight should work fine. (ie. 1/2 kilogram entered as 0.5 - 25 grams as 0.025 etc.)

Using Ozpost for calculating correct shipping is a good idea for several reasons, particularly if you have variable size items (just make sure you enter the product dimensions after you install ozpost). Just remember it relies on a subscription service so will be a recurring cost - all in the notes supplied.

As for "doubling postage". You can add P&H charges or maybe add the freight cost as product attribute but I imagine you'll have some mighty annoyed customers if they can see that happening.

Perhaps you need to be more conventional about it and simply add your freight cost / item to the sale price :)