Plugin Contributions

Default install error wont pass the database: PHP Fatal error: 1101:BLOB/TEXT

I have been trying to install zencart for last couple days. running apache, php, and I have phpmyadmin installed. all connected and working properly.

When I try to install zencart i get this following error.
    [17-Jun-2012 01:38:34 UTC] PHP Fatal error: 1101:BLOB/TEXT column 'page_parameters' can't have a default value :: CREATE TABLE admin_activity_log ( log_id bigint(15) NOT NULL auto_increment, access_date datetime NOT NULL default '0001-01-01 00:00:00', admin_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0', page_accessed varchar(80) NOT NULL default '', page_parameters text default '', ip_address varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', flagged tinyint NOT NULL default '0', attention varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', gzpost mediumblob NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (log_id), KEY idx_page_accessed_zen (page_accessed), KEY idx_access_date_zen (access_date), KEY idx_flagged_zen (flagged), KEY idx_ip_zen (ip_address) ) ENGINE=MyISAM COLLATE utf8_general_ci; in C:\Webserver\htdocs\zencart\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php on line 101

This error I do not understand and cant get pass it no matter what i try. Any help would be great.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: install error wont pass the database: PHP Fatal error: 1101:BLOB/TEXT

That's a known problem with Windows servers.

Is this on your own PC? Or is it with a windows hosting account with a hosting company? Which company?
    If it's your own PC, what steps did you take to put webserver support on your PC? It would help to have specific steps to take to recreate the problem.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: install error wont pass the database: PHP Fatal error: 1101:BLOB/TEXT

right now this is on my own pc trying to finish building my wifes website. Before I transfer it to the live godaddy account.

I first installed: Apache 2.2.22, php 5.4.3, mysql 5.5 and phpmyadmin

This part all works correctly I can use phpmyadmin to create databases and users. I have my phpinfo page that will come up.

Then I start the zencart installer. I get to the database settings. type those all in and click next. this is when I get the error message. I have triple check all of my settings. Cant imagine I am missing anything.

THanks again
    Last edited by tparmley2001; 17 Jun 2012 at 03:55 PM.

Plugin Contributions

ok I was able to get it to install by removing the following:
    page_parameters text default '', removed default ''
    gzpost mediumblob NOT NULL default '', removed default ''

the homepage comes up but the admin gives me a Http 500 error. Starting research on this error. thanks for any help

Plugin Contributions

this is the new error in zencart

[17-Jun-2012 15:36:53 UTC] PHP Fatal error: 1364:Field 'gzpost' doesn't have a default value :: insert into admin_activity_log (access_date, admin_id, page_accessed, page_parameters, ip_address) values (now(), '0', 'Log found to be empty. Logging started.', '', '127.0.0.1') in C:\Webserver\htdocs\zencart\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php on line 101

I have seen post on having to find this in mysql to fix this problem can someone tell me how to do it. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

using phpmyadmin to change gzpost in my database. But I cant leave it blank or change it to null. Am I doing something wrong.

Plugin Contributions

thanks to everyone. I was able to access the admin panel today just to to change the file names and delete the files. before I can continue. Thanks again
    This should be on the main site. It is very easy to install once you know all the steps to correct the bugs.

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    I am having exactly the same problem installing version 1.5 on my windows 7 PC at home - I am using apache 2.2.20, PHP 5.3.5, mysql 5.5.15, and phpmyadmin 3.4.4. My setup works well for many other php based web applications.

Can you provide more details on how you solved the problem? What steps did you follow to correct the bugs?

many thanks

Plugin Contributions

Local install on Windows 7 Pro with PHP5.3.13, MySQL 5.5, and IIS 7 and ZenCart 1.5
    The zc_install would not complete. Checking the logs in 'cached' showed the install built the first few tables, but bombed out with errors including the "1101:BLOB/TEXT". I too spent several days searching the Internet trying to find source of problem and was finally led to actually looking at the install sql script and found that database engine for ZenCart is MyISAM. However, when using phpMyAdmin to create the empty database prior to the ZenCart install, MySQL was using a default engine of 'InnoDB'. The only place I could find to change this was to use MySQL's Workbench, and open the Server administration. There is a configure tab where the 'default-storage-engine' can be set to MyISAM. Once I made this change to MySQL and again created an empty database file for ZenCart, the zc_install worked flawlessly.
    Last edited by CMCM; 25 Jun 2012 at 04:35 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tparmley2001 View Post
    I have been trying to install zencart for last couple days. running apache, php, and I have phpmyadmin installed. all connected and working properly.

When I try to install zencart i get this following error.
    [17-Jun-2012 01:38:34 UTC] PHP Fatal error: 1101:BLOB/TEXT column 'page_parameters' can't have a default value :: CREATE TABLE admin_activity_log ( log_id bigint(15) NOT NULL auto_increment, access_date datetime NOT NULL default '0001-01-01 00:00:00', admin_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0', page_accessed varchar(80) NOT NULL default '', page_parameters text default '', ip_address varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', flagged tinyint NOT NULL default '0', attention varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', gzpost mediumblob NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (log_id), KEY idx_page_accessed_zen (page_accessed), KEY idx_access_date_zen (access_date), KEY idx_flagged_zen (flagged), KEY idx_ip_zen (ip_address) ) ENGINE=MyISAM COLLATE utf8_general_ci; in C:\Webserver\htdocs\zencart\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php on line 101

This error I do not understand and cant get pass it no matter what i try. Any help would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by tparmley2001 View Post
    this is the new error

[17-Jun-2012 15:36:53 UTC] PHP Fatal error: 1364:Field 'gzpost' doesn't have a default value :: insert into admin_activity_log (access_date, admin_id, page_accessed, page_parameters, ip_address) values (now(), '0', 'Log found to be empty. Logging started.', '', '127.0.0.1') in C:\Webserver\htdocs\zencart\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php on line 101

I have seen post on having to find this in mysql to fix this problem can someone tell me how to do it. Thanks
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...09#post1142409

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.