Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cambridge Pro Template Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycal View Post
    Hello. I figured out how to turn the language bar on. However, the language bar also appear on top of my category side box. Is there any way to fix that? thanks.
    Again, if you read the section in the readme.html and follow the instructions this will be fixed.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hello. I have figured out how to get rid of the repeating language bar by editing the languages_header.php.

PHP Code:
     if ($lang_header_status->RecordCount() != 0) {

$lang_search_headertrue;
      } 
    I get rid of the if statement. And I turn off the template language header in the "layout control". Don't know if that is the best way to do it. Please advise. Thanks.
    You don't need to do this at all. If you follow the instructions in the readme file you can fix it via the admin.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hello again. May I ask how to change the menu bars description and links, and also the information in the drop down tabs? Sorry, I have too many questions. I'm very new to zen-cart once again. Thanks.
    Please read the readme.html file for the answer.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I am SPH's sister with the Cambridge Pro and Picadilly Posh sites. I am not experienced at creating posts so I hope this ends up in the right place.

Picadilly Posh works fine but we are having a problem with Cambridge Pro.

Zen Version 1.5 and using EP4.

We have 2 versions of a product. 1) Special Order with all colors/sizes available. 2) In Stock with limited sizes/colors. We call this Speedy Delivery. Both products are using the same image but that is really all that is in common except for maybe a designer/style number in the name/model/description.

We found that where:
    Specials price includes cents, if you type the style number in the search box it just hangs up a bit and then goes to a page where it's just white space below the mega menu. The product will not load using either of the search boxes.

The really odd thing is that if there is another version of the product and that version does NOT include cents in the specials price, it works OK. If you turn off that other version then the one with the cents will not come up. It's almost like the version without the cents, if turned on, is pulling the other one over the finish line.

Here is the site and an example:
    http://www.promdressesglobal.com/

Search on P5676 and you will see 2 versions come up. One that has cents in the specials price.
    If we turn off the other one, the one with the cents in price will not load.

We switched the template to Classic Green and did not encounter this problem. And, again, it works fine on Picadilly Posh.

I appreciate any input you might have on this issue.
    Nancy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

By the way, I did try removing the image from the problem product and that did not work. But again, the common thing here is the image.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nfallat View Post
    I am SPH's sister with the Cambridge Pro and Picadilly Posh sites. I am not experienced at creating posts so I hope this ends up in the right place.

Picadilly Posh works fine but we are having a problem with Cambridge Pro.

Zen Version 1.5 and using EP4.

We have 2 versions of a product. 1) Special Order with all colors/sizes available. 2) In Stock with limited sizes/colors. We call this Speedy Delivery. Both products are using the same image but that is really all that is in common except for maybe a designer/style number in the name/model/description.

We found that where:
    Specials price includes cents, if you type the style number in the search box it just hangs up a bit and then goes to a page where it's just white space below the mega menu. The product will not load using either of the search boxes.

The really odd thing is that if there is another version of the product and that version does NOT include cents in the specials price, it works OK. If you turn off that other version then the one with the cents will not come up. It's almost like the version without the cents, if turned on, is pulling the other one over the finish line.

Here is the site and an example:
    http://www.promdressesglobal.com/

Search on P5676 and you will see 2 versions come up. One that has cents in the specials price.
    If we turn off the other one, the one with the cents in price will not load.

We switched the template to Classic Green and did not encounter this problem. And, again, it works fine on Picadilly Posh.

I appreciate any input you might have on this issue.
    Nancy
    I typed Flirt P5676 into the seach box and has no problems with the advanced search loading the 2 results. I don't understand the problem.

I doubt that whatever trouble you are having has anything to do with the template since none of the files associated with advanced search or price functionality were customized for the template. It's a lot more likely that an add on/module that you have loaded or a customization that you have made has caused some problem. My first look would be at your uri rewriting mod as the culprit. It looks like you are using Simple SEO URLs. This will explain why the classic template is working --you don't have this module installed in the classic template, only the override template which is cambridge pro.

Thanks,

Anne
    Last edited by picaflor-azul; 21 Jul 2012 at 02:51 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Edit to remove: I thought problem might be the Dynamic Filter, but I read it wrong and it's working properly.
    Last edited by SPH; 21 Jul 2012 at 07:46 PM.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    I typed Flirt P5676 into the seach box and has no problems with the advanced search loading the 2 results. I don't understand the problem.

I doubt that whatever trouble you are having has anything to do with the template since none of the files associated with advanced search or price functionality were customized for the template. It's a lot more likely that an add on/module that you have loaded or a customization that you have made has caused some problem. My first look would be at your uri rewriting mod as the culprit. It looks like you are using Simple SEO URLs. This will explain why the classic template is working --you don't have this module installed in the classic template, only the override template which is cambridge pro.

Thanks,

Anne
    SPH said it's not our seo rewriter because it rewrites the same on Classic Green.. using Ultimate SEO. It is not template-specific.

The reason you saw both versions of the products come up is because they were both turned on. It's when I turn OFF the one that does NOT have cents in the specials price that the other one will not load. I turned off that one now so you can see what happens when you search on P5676. You will see the results as the screenshot I sent you before.

Here is the search result link now:

http://www.promdressesglobal.com/ind...&keyword=p5676

By the way, the page takes a minute to load so just let it run.

Thanks,
    Nancy

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nfallat View Post
    SPH said it's not our seo rewriter because it rewrites the same on Classic Green.. using Ultimate SEO. It is not template-specific.

The reason you saw both versions of the products come up is because they were both turned on. It's when I turn OFF the one that does NOT have cents in the specials price that the other one will not load. I turned off that one now so you can see what happens when you search on P5676. You will see the results as the screenshot I sent you before.

Here is the search result link now:

http://www.promdressesglobal.com/ind...&keyword=p5676

By the way, the page takes a minute to load so just let it run.

Thanks,
    Nancy
    Have you checked your /cache folder for error messages? This is the thing to do whenever you get a blank page or part of a blank page.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Have you checked your /cache folder for error messages? This is the thing to do whenever you get a blank page or part of a blank page.

Thanks,

Anne
    We found that it is something strange going on with the dynamic filter where it does not like a product with cents UNLESS there is another version of that same product which, (as far as I can tell) the only thing in common between the 2 products is the image.

We were able to turn off the dynamic filter for search box purposes Configuration/Dynamic Filter - enable on search box NO.

That fixes it good enough for me.

Thanks,
    Nancy

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast