Plugin Contributions

Default ez Pages not working and inks showing PAGE NOT FOUND

www.irishteatowels.com

3 problems with shop

1. The 3 Ez Pages are giving PAGE NOT FOUND
    PRESS ROOM
    ABOUT US
    LINKS PAGE

2. The 8 links in the INFORMATION window down left hand side are also giving PAGE NOT FOUND.

3. Why is there a white square with red cross to the left of al the 8 links buttons on the 8 links above.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ez Pages not working and inks showing PAGE NOT FOUND

Looks like Trevor got it going for you. In the future, since Zen Cart is no longer listed as the generator or author of any of the content of this cart, you might want to check with Trevor for a fix.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your message but don't really understand what you mean. Sorry to be so dumb, please can you clarify. Thank you.

Trevor

Plugin Contributions

I think what dbtoe was saying is that the source code on your site has replaced the credit for the Zencart developers as authors and generators with: Trevor Mitchell www .irishteatowels.com. Ol' Trevor is neither the author nor generator of Zencart.

As for your issue, my guess would be that it's caused by your URL-rewriting mod. What happens when yoiu turn that off ?

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps I should have been clearer. This is MY OPINION and does not represent anyone else's other than my own.

I came to this forum as I was tired of another cart I was using and followed someone at that cart who moved to Zen Cart. That someone always took the time to help someone who was willing to work and learn. My goal for the last eight years has been to help those who were willing to learn and willing to give credit where credit was due. Not necessarily credit for personal answers, but at least credit that Zen Cart is a large part of your final product.

I don't like the "I'm having problems with a site I'm building for a client" posts as I feel that someone's getting paid and wants me to help for free. Somehow, that doesn't sit well with me. If the question has an additional "I've done something similar here but can't get my head around how it's done in Zen Cart", I'm more likely to help as it may benefit the Zen Cart forum.

In your case, you are asking for help and are wanting to take full credit for anything and everything done on the site. You may ask, "Why do you say that?" Well, here's MY thoughts on the matter.

You have taken thorough steps to remove any mention of Zen Cart from the site. That includes meta tags, the footer, etc. The tutorial says you may remove the copyright
    If you make a custom template and use your own graphics you may change the copyright.
    The tutorial continues
    Leaving the Powered by Zen Cart is advantageous to both you and Zen Cart because a relevant reciprocal link can help you with search engine rankings.
    In my opinion, removing the copyright and all other mentions of Zen Cart amounts to plagiarism. In other words, you appear to be taking credit for not only the development of this product, but all the things "fixed" by any help from this forum.

Whether you are trying to take credit with a customer or don't want the world to know you use Zen Cart doesn't matter to me. It still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up when I see it.

Hopefully, you have made the decision to divorce yourself from Zen Cart without really thinking it through.

However, my general response when seeing what you have done is what I sent back.
    In the future, since Zen Cart is no longer listed as the generator or author of any of the content of this cart, you might want to check with Trevor for a fix.
    Seems like someone smart enough to author and generate such a site should be the one to fix it.

I'll get off my soapbox and agree with stevesh.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your response.

I understand the first bit and the change in the header as done solely as I thought it would help with backlinks etc and did not realise it was something that should not be change. Can change it back OK if someone can tel me what the coding is for that line.

Is the URL-rewriting mod something to do with the .htaccess file ? Had a problem with the site a few months back and bluehost the hosting company support team did something with this file (I think they just renamed it).