Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How I Added Google Analytics Tracking Code instead of using a plugin

I, too, have a 1.5.7c site - https://sepialiterature.info.
    I, too, was unable to get analytics working per Dr.Byte's directions. I too added the Google analytics snippet before the /public_html/includes/templates/sepia/common/html_header.php. It now seems to be working. As lat9 suggested, I did delete the snippet from the jscript_google_analytics.js file, too.

Upon seeing this thread, I tried to follow rlexyd's suggestion. It seemed to work so I also tried to heed Lat9's advice and removed the snippet. I stopped seeing any data being captured in analytics. I added it back per Dr. Bytes just tonight. Our low volume site needs the data to improve.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How I Added Google Analytics Tracking Code instead of using a plugin

Quote Originally Posted by nonprofit View Post
    I, too, have a 1.5.7c site - https://sepialiterature.info.
    I, too, was unable to get analytics working per Dr.Byte's directions. I too added the Google analytics snippet before the /public_html/includes/templates/sepia/common/html_header.php. It now seems to be working. As lat9 suggested, I did delete the snippet from the jscript_google_analytics.js file, too.

Upon seeing this thread, I tried to follow rlexyd's suggestion. It seemed to work so I also tried to heed Lat9's advice and removed the snippet. I stopped seeing any data being captured in analytics. I added it back per Dr. Bytes just tonight. Our low volume site needs the data to improve.
    I'd be willing to bet that your host has a pretty good analytics program built into your cPanel.

AWSTATS under the Metrics Tab.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, DblToe,
    AWStats looks amazing but I still need Google Analytics to work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123