Plugin Contributions

Default problems setting up lightbox, or any kind image improvement add on

First of all , this is my first website, ever. I spent some time setting it up, I can self teach myself fairly good. Everything is good with the site , except the problem I have with images. So this is my dillemma, anything I have tried setting up it does not work. I don't know if it's the template I'm using , or something else. I have read and followed every faq, walkthrough or guide for image upload , image addons or anything else word by word. it does not work for some reason. At this point my frustration has reached biblical proportions.
    My website can be found at http://diverse-electric.com/ , and I've pretty much customized it to what we need. Now , my latest issue is I installed lightbox gallery , and now the item page is completely blank, half of it dissapears like here : http://diverse-electric.com/index.ph...&products_id=2 .
    I am currently using zencart 1.5 , hosted on Go Daddy , Abbington Mega template from Picaflor Azul.

Any help or guidance is welcomed. I need the multiple image capability , all my store items will have multiple images. I really don't want to start from scratch and recustomize another template. If all else fails , I will be forced to post html images and recustomize my item desciption , don't know what else to do...

Thank ya.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: problems setting up lightbox, or any kind image improvement add on

Zen Cart by default handles unlimited multiple images, so we need to know exactly what you did that did not work. You must have made some error or overlooked some step in following directions, and we can't tell you what it was without more info. Picaflor-Azul's templates should not be the problem, as they are built to ZC standards.

Plugin Contributions

all I did is install the add on mentioned earlier lightbox gallery http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=850. I can revert , and it will be all gone...

Plugin Contributions

and followed their install instructions

Plugin Contributions

The latest version of the Lightbox Gallery mod appears to be for v1.3.9, and may well not work on v1.5.0. You need to use a mod that is compatible with your Zen Cart version.

Plugin Contributions

ok, than what mod do you advise i should use ?

Plugin Contributions

I don't use any mods for images, so don't have advice here. Others will have something to say, I am sure.

Look at the ZC version listed on all of the image mods in Plugins. If they say v1.5.0, try them.

Plugin Contributions

well, I am reverting the site just now. The only reason I was trying to use the mod was for the fact that I could not get the multiple images to work. Yes, I have read every single image upload faq or guide I could find. I uploaded my images in every possible combination I could think of , and it still didn't work, so that's why I was trying a mod for that. I can't even get the large pic of the standard item pic to show....

Plugin Contributions

I put Lightbox (which we've used for a long time now) on my sister's site here, ZC 1.5 and same template as yours:

promdressesglobal com

I notice that you have more serious issues with your site than just the images, as template looks totally messed-up. But perhaps that's because your reverting things?

EDIT: I'm trying something new-to-me in place of Lightbox on this ZC 1.5 here, but I understand that a newer, similar mod is or will soon be coming out:

http://www.webdivision.prommart.com/...h_id=barebones
    Last edited by SPH; 19 Jun 2012 at 05:13 AM.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

The only reason I was trying to use the mod was for the fact that I could not get the multiple images to work.
    Zen Cart by default handles unlimited multiple images, so we need to know exactly what you did that did not work. You must have made some error or overlooked some step in following directions, and we can't tell you what it was without more info.
    Please try the basic multiple image again, and tell us every step you take and exactly what folders and filenames you use.