red flag Order Status Options -- ALL options are sending emails & posting on customer view

I'm updating the email templates to be branded for my new store, so I'm testing everything.

When I'm on a customer order and I update the status, I have tested all three options: -Email; -No Email; and -Hide. However, ALL of them send emails to the customer and post to the both the admin & customer order history.

Here's what I expected:
    -Email == will send an email to the customer || post to the order history for both admin & customer to view
    -No Email == will not send an email || post to the order history for both admin & customer to view
    -Hide == will not send and email || will post to the order history for admin AND will NOT post to the order history for customer

I've searched for this issue but found nothing. I haven't done any customization to the admin section so is this how it's working out of the box? Anyone else tested this?

Thanks!
    I was floating in a peaceful sea...rescued by a sinking ship.

Default Re: Order Status Options -- ALL options are sending emails & posting on customer view

ZEN ADMINISTRATORS / PROGRAMMERS!

I've just done a fresh install of zen cart v150 and the behavior is as described above. This means there is NO WAY to update an order and hide it from the customer. This is a lose of functionality from 1.3.8 & 1.3.9.

You may have LOTS of admins out there updating orders thinking their customers are not seeing the comments/update, but they ARE!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Status Options -- ALL options are sending emails & posting on customer view

Hmmm ... I can't seem to replicate the problem you're describing.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Ok, I created an account as a customer and ordered a product.

I then log in as the admin and go to the order and change the status/enter comments and select the *email* option in Notify Customer. Works as expected, I, the customer, get an email with the update and I can see the update info in my Status History & Comments section.

I then go back to the order as the admin and change the status/enter comments and select the *no email* option. I get an email for this too, but I shouldn't. I, the customer, can see this update info in my status History & Comments section.

I then test the last option *hide*. I, the customer, still get an email AND I still see this update/comment in the Status History & Comments section.

Here's a screenprint of my customer view, the comments shows the update option i used.

Name:  zenbug.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  23.7 KB

If you want to test it yourself, here's the fresh install: http://zenoob.lunatiktattoocare.com

And the admin section: http://zenoob.lunatiktattoocare.com/adminoob
    UserName: ZenAdmin
    Password: ZenAdmin1
    Last edited by lunabug; 21 Jun 2012 at 04:36 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I go to your site and make a test order ...

I get the first emails for create account and making the order ...

I then go through the admin and try the three choices:
    -Email (I get an email)

-No Email (I get NO email)

-Hide (I get NO email and this is hidden from Customer)

I cannot reproduce your issue on your site nor mine ...

Perhaps you forgot to click the radio buttons when testing?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Linda, you are correct, the results you got are what i expect. However when I logged in as the super user, the results are as i described above ON NEW ORDERS only. When I go to a previous order, it is updating correctly????

So if you would place a new order, log in as the superuser (I sent you credentials in a PM) and test it again, that would be great.

thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Sorry ... I cannot reproduce the issue on your site or mine with either login that you gave me ...

I made another order and same thing, as a customer I only get the email when Email is selected on the Radio buttons ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I suspect lunabug is using the same email address for both the admin user and the storefront customer, and is therefore getting all the emails simply because they are getting the admin-copy emails confused with being customer-only emails.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.