Default disable the free shipping when discount coupons are used.

I have the Free shipping module set for order of $99 or more.
    we also offer discount coupons...but I DON"T want to combine the "Free Shipping" offer if a coupon over 10% OFF is used.
    It is possible to add another check box in the coupon admin page that "disallow" the Free Shipping Module if left UNCHECKED?
    So that we can chose if allow to "Combine" or not? there is a mod or plugin somewhere that allow that?

Any suggestion please????

Thank you
    Claudio
    hotspotairsoft.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: disable the free shipping when discount coupons are used.

Quote Originally Posted by hotspotairsoft.com View Post
    I have the Free shipping module set for order of $99 or more.
    What are you using for the Free Shipping on Orders of 99.00 or more?

Are you using one of the shipping module? If so, which specific one? If so, what are your settings?

Or, are you using the Order Total module for Shipping ot_shipping with Free Orders enabled? If so, what are your settings?

On stopping the Free Shipping when a Coupon is being used, are you really meaning *any* coupon or are you trying to do this on a *specific coupon*? Or, are you trying to do this only on coupons with specific conditions in their settings?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    What are you using for the Free Shipping on Orders of 99.00 or more?

Are you using one of the shipping module? If so, which specific one? If so, what are your settings?

Or, are you using the Order Total module for Shipping ot_shipping with Free Orders enabled? If so, what are your settings?

On stopping the Free Shipping when a Coupon is being used, are you really meaning *any* coupon or are you trying to do this on a *specific coupon*? Or, are you trying to do this only on coupons with specific conditions in their settings?
    Hi Ajeh and thank you for your replay.

Ok I am using the "freeoptions" module and is set on free shipping for order over $99.

What would be great is to have like in the "Discount Coupons Product/Category Restrictions" a new "Restriction" for "Free Shipping" that I can chose..depending what we would like to offer... both or just the discount coupon.
    For example we offer a coupon for 10% OFF from entire order PLUS Free Shipping....but we can't offer 15% OFF PLUS Free Shipping...so in this case I would like to turn the free shipping module OFF if the customer uses the 15% OFF Coupon.

Is that make sense??
    I am sure many other users have the same problem as is actually common sense, many other shopping carts have this restriction like volusion for example. I can't find any information on this.

I was told that it can't be done in zen because the shipping is chosen before the coupon.
    but there must be something that can be done

thanks
    Claudio
    Last edited by hotspotairsoft.com; 21 Jun 2012 at 08:16 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Anything can be done in Zen Cart ... it just depends on how much custom code you want to write to fit your specific needs ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

So, it is possible? What would it take to make it work?
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

You could customize the Discount Coupon ot_coupon.php code and perhaps the Free Shipping Options freeoptions and you might need to customize the header_php.php code of the checkout pages ...

It really depends on how you want this to work ...

You have to be able to detect that they have Free Shipping Options freeoptions and that they are trying to use a Discount coupon ... then decide if you are eliminating all Discount coupons or when they enter a Discount coupon are they sent back to the checkout_shipping to select a different shipping message ...

Then, you will want proper messages stating why they either cannot use a discount coupon or why they lost the Free Shipping etc.

The simplest method is that if Free Shipping is selected that Discount Coupon ot_coupon is disabled ...

The next method is to decide if some coupons are disabled based on Free Shipping Options freeoptions being used ... if Free Shipping Options freeoptions is being used, you can post a message saying why all or some Discount Coupon won't work with Free Shipping Options freeoptions ...

It all depends on what you want to spend the time on coding for your particular site ...
    Linda McGrath

Thanks Ajeh, for your help, this is very important mod we need as soon as possible...
    do you know if somebody here can do that or where can I found someone that know what is doing?

thank
    Claudio