Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Selectable Countries [Support Thread]

You've got a store and you only want to ship to four countries ... today. This plugin allows you to enable or disable individual countries in your database so that if you decide tomorrow that you now want to ship to seven countries, it's a simple matter of clicking a couple of buttons in your admin area to enable the next three.

This plugin updates the display of your admin's Location/Taxes->Countries. Countries that are Active show a green-dot and those that are Inactive show a red-dot. You can change a country's Active status by either clicking on the dot to toggle between active and inactive or via checkbox input if you choose to Edit that country's settings.

When a country is Inactive, that country cannot be used in any customer address -- neither the billing nor shipping address can reside in that country. If an existing customer has an address-book entry in a country that is now inactive, that customer will be redirected to the address_book_process page upon login. From that page, they can either change the no-longer-supported address to have an active country, delete the no-longer-supported address or logoff.

This plugin was inspired by batracy's posts to http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...untries/page2; it includes an SQL patch to add a field to the countries table and also includes core file overwrites.
    Last edited by lat9; 22 Jun 2012 at 07:25 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Selectable Countries [Support Thread]

Holy crow, that was fast ... the plugin is now available for download: http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1424.

Plugin Contributions

Nice job on putting the plugin together. I see you solved the remaining issue as well - well done!

Plugin Contributions

Very good effort, this basic functionality is something that I would expect to see core in 2.0.

A further enhancement could be one-click enable/disable of logical groups of countries like continents and trade groups (EU, Unasur).
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

I've just successfully installed this module and selected the countries of interest (Europe).

Now when I try and check out, I get this message: Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time.

Do I need to create a zone with the countries of interest to have this worked?

Plugin Contributions

Thannaree, what shipping module(s) are you using? Is the Selectable Countries plugin operating properly -- does it limit the number of countries that can be used to create an account to only those you've selected?

I'm pretty sure (i.e. I don't know absolutely!) that if there is no Zone associated with a shipping module then that module is associated with any ship-to address specified by a customer.

Plugin Contributions

I use the free shipper module. The Selectable Countries plugin operates properly, it limits the number of countries that can be used to create an account to only those I've selected.

I've created a zone with the countries I've selected and associated the zone to the free shipper module and it now works.

Plugin Contributions

This is an awesome plug in. Question though. How hard would it be to modify this plug in to allow billing addy to be outside a selected country but not the shipping address? I know a lot of Canadians who buy from the US with a Canadian credit card and ship to a US address. I for one am one.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CCMall View Post
    This is an awesome plug in. Question though. How hard would it be to modify this plug in to allow billing addy to be outside a selected country but not the shipping address? I know a lot of Canadians who buy from the US with a Canadian credit card and ship to a US address. I for one am one.
    Thanks for the compliment You could use this plugin to limit the countries that can be associated with an account (and, thus, either the shipping or billing address) and then use the built-in Zen Cart zones to restrict shipping to the US. That way, a customer in Canada can create an account (and a billing address) in Canada but would only be able to ship their order to an address in the US.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

Is this module compatible with 1.5.1?

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast