Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Moved to another server; getting 404 for all sub pges

My site is inktechbb.com. The home page works fine as does My Account and View Cart. However the pages in between, New Products, Specials and Featured Products all return a 404 error.

Although the link should be http://www.inktechbb.com/index.php?main_page=specials for Specials, the URL when the 404 is displayed becomes http://www.inktechbb.com/specials.html.

I have been told this is a configuration problem, but no idea how to resolve it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moved from zencartwebhosting.com to bluehost.com; getting 404 for all sub pges

Also, all of the links down the left hand side in "Categories" no longer work. They all return a 404.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moved from zencartwebhosting.com to bluehost.com; getting 404 for all sub pges

Looks like your SEO mod is messing with you.
    You failed to answer any of the posting tip questions, so I can't help much more.

Plugin Contributions

** I have not already posted about this issue.
    ** Using version 1.3.9h
    ** The site has not been upgraded, just moved from one host provider to another.
    ** No addons installed; bare bones site.
    ** Installed via FTP upload. not the one click install. Checked the config.php file and nothing seems out of order. I could not get the fix-cache-
    ** New hosting company is bluehost.com. I have tried them for a resolution but they indicated it is a software issue and not in their realm to fix.
    ** I have looked in the FAQ and the FORUM for answers to this problem; I have searched the error message (404) but the stated cause of that error in the other instances I found does not match my circumstance. I have also googled the error message, zen cart support, bluehost support, moving zen cart, etc.
    ** Problem started Monday June 28, 2012, after the move was done. First a temporary site was created which worked fine. Then I had 3ix change the nameserver as they are the ones that own (not sure that's the right term), my domain name.
    ** This is not my first store. I originally hosted on 3ix but their service was awful. Moved to zencarthosting but again the service was not what I needed. Used bluehost as other sites I manage are on bluehost and it was one of the recommended ones at http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?13-hosting-services.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by esinedc View Post
    *** No addons installed; bare bones site.
    As dbltoe said you are using an SEO mod to rewrite your URL's
    Turn it OFF and see if it works.
    Also have a look inside .htaccess to see whats there that could be rewriting URL's

Plugin Contributions

Thanks gilby and dbltoe. Where would I look for an SEO mod?

I have inherited support for this site and have never worked with zen cart prior to 10 days ago.

Plugin Contributions

The guy who runs the site says he knows of no SEO modifications to the site, but that doesn't mean they do not exist. I've been through bluehost's cpanel, I've browsed through various folders in the file system and have not found anything obvious. Should I be looking elsewhere? I'm desperate at this point and any help is truly appreciated.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Looking in your website i see that you do have a SEO mod installed.

it looks like "ultimate seo urls" is the name of the mod.

if it is so, please go to admin area
    Configuration > SEO URLs > and set the status of the add on to false

the whole problem is most likely caused by not having imported the .htaccess file in the root of your store, open it and see what is in there.

compare it with "ultimate seo urls" .htaccess file.

and make sure you have changed the location from "/store/" to "/" in the top of that file.

Plugin Contributions

If you find and turn off SEO, my recommendation is to leave SEO turned off. It's way more headache than it will ever be worth.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast